Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Robbers?

• 05-04-2004 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Some advice needed here guys. The Eircom bill arrived through the door today and to my surprise i was charged by them for Calls.I'm a Clicksilver customer since October and now all of a sudden Eircom are charging me for calls again!!! Basically the reason Eircom started to charge me again for calls was that the name on the Eircom bill was changed from my sisters name to my Dads and they felt that gave them the right to charge us for calls again. It was only the name that was changed not the account number or telephone number. I rang Eircom and they said i would have to call UTV and let them know i wanted them to charge me for calls again. I will ring them tomorrow and explain what happened. Did this happen to anyone else and will UTV be ok with chaging me again???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

WOAH. there has to be something wrong with that. I don't know the ins and outs of the rules but I would be very surprised if a name change gives Eircom the right to have your business back

Did you contact comreg about this (www.odtr.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Eircom always change plp over for no reason, I have heard of this quite a bit,

Thanks joePC

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by mickger
    Some advice needed here guys. The Eircom bill arrived through the door today and to my surprise i was charged by them for Calls.I'm a Clicksilver customer since October and now all of a sudden Eircom are charging me for calls again!!! Basically the reason Eircom started to charge me again for calls was that the name on the Eircom bill was changed from my sisters name to my Dads and they felt that gave them the right to charge us for calls again. It was only the name that was changed not the account number or telephone number. I rang Eircom and they said i would have to call UTV and let them know i wanted them to charge me for calls again. I will ring them tomorrow and explain what happened. Did this happen to anyone else and will UTV be ok with chaging me again???

Are they charging you for all your calls or only some? This has been raised in the UTV support group before and it seems that certain calls are still picked up by Eircom such as dial up internet calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

All calls

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Bog standard Eircom behaviour - it's called slamming. They'll use any excuse to reset CPS back to themselves. What's probably most annoying is the fact that they do it without notifying you, and you have to wait for an expensive bill to find out about it.

ComReg will probably tell you they can't do anything about it, but you should complain anyway on principle.

[edit]this is what a real regulator does about this practice.[/edit]

• Advertisement
Advertisement