Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Fitz Opening Hours

Options
  • 06-04-2004 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭

Taken from www.fitzwilliamcardclub.com

The Fitzwilliam Card Club Poker Room will open at 2pm each day from Thursday the 8th April until Sunday the 11th April (Inclusive).

Wonder if they will be having any new tourney's??

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Looks like they may be trying it out on a trial basis

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

and I thought it was to celebrate Jesus dieing for our sins ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

4 days isn't realy a long trial period is it? It needs atleast 2 weeks to get a true showing. Although now that I thinnk of it. Nobody is working this weekend, Easter, so expect daytime tournaments Id think

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Maybe they're going to run a few tournaments to compete with (or pick up early losers from) The Merrion, during the Irish Open?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Is the Irish Open this weekend? Are Merrion going to be running low entry satellites?

(Edit) Actually according to http://www.pokerineurope.com/majortournaments/schedule.php?tournamentid=2004011
    This is the schedule

Thu, 08 Apr
    8pm No Limit Holdem
    Unlimited Rebuys 90 Minutes € 300 + 30 R

Fri, 09 Apr
    8pm Pot Limit Omaha
    Unlimited Rebuys 90 Minutes € 400 + 40 R

Sat, 10 Apr
    8pm No Limit Holdem
    Freezeout
    € 10,000 Added € 1500 + 100 R

Sun, 11 Apr
    5pm No Limit Holdem
    Unlimited Rebuys 90 Minutes € 150 + 15 R

but its on in the Colossus. Does anybody know where this club is? ANyone every played there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Norman told me there has been sats going on for weeks in The Merrion. I've never been in there though so maybe someone could enlighten us. I wouldn't mind playing in a sat for the big one, any info?????

Colossus is just off Camden Street - I was in there once a few years ago playing drunk roulette. It's fairly small as far as I can remember but then again I was drunk.

Edit: I just looked it up and it's in The Merrion this year not Colossus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

I think the Monday night free entry changed its'prize from a ticket to the tuesday game. To entry into one of the Irish open competitions. about 1 month ago

I was considering entering this when it came around but looking at those prices it will need a few confidence building/ wallet packing, tournament 1st's and 2nd's before I'll ever be able to play in this event. €1500 for one nights poker... Wonder what 1st prize is. And how high it would bost you up the Eupopean Rankings to win any of these nights?

NumberOf Events RankingPoints
    1st Roy 'The Boy' Brindley (Ireland) 5 2,280
    2nd Peter Roche (Ireland) 1 1,800
    3rd Ayhan Alsancak (Turkey) 4 1,680
    4th Valery Ilikian (Russia) 1 1,440
    5th Dave Colclough (England) 3 1,260
    6th Pat McClusky 2 1,220
    7th Sascha Firth (Germany) 1 1,200
    7th Michael Keiner (Germany) 1 1,200
    7th Robert Oezman 1 1,200
    10th Ian Oldershaw (England) 3 1,140

Looks as though Peter Roche won one event and got 1800 points. Must have been a huge one.
    /me wanders off to read through pokerineurpoe.com

Advertisement