Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing File

Options
  • 06-04-2004 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I installed Win Xp today but during the installation i was missing one file, wbdbase.nld. It seems ok but i got a blue screen error and i'm fairly sure it wasn't my drivers because i'm using the same ones that i used for 2k. I tried googling for the file and finding out what it does but i can't find anything :(

Also i tried to install the service pack so that maybe it would add the file that i need but it said my cd key was invalid even though it worked for the installation. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Anima
    Also i tried to install the service pack so that maybe it would add the file that i need but it said my cd key was invalid even though it worked for the installation. Any ideas?
    Are using a pirated version of windows? Serial number beginning with F? The infamous Devilsown release?

If so...
    No service pack for you while your serial number is one that's banned from the service pack.

Is this a Dutch windows or something? The wbdbase file is language localised AFAIK (it certainly is in Exchange), .deu is German and I assume .nld is Dutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Balls :(

I'll have to try something else, thanks for telling me. :)

Advertisement