Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird ADSL Problems

• 06-04-2004 2:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

I'm having a problem with my netsource ADSL connection(1024/256) since Friday night. Every half an hour or so the connection drops, and will not reconnect until I restart my pc. This usually happens in the middle of downloads, normal browsing appears to be fine(although problem occurs when I'm playing online games also). I thought it might be a problem on my end but now i'm almost positive its not. I'm running windows 2000 SP4, when this problem started happening on Friday night, I restored a ghost image from about a month ago but this made no improvement. I then did a clean install but again this did not solve any problems. Same thing has been happening all night again. I just checked the NT event viewer and the following entry is recorded everytime the connection dies and I cannot reconnect:

"The DNS Client service could not contact any DNS servers for a repeated number of attempts. For the next 30 seconds the DNS Client service will not use the network to avoid further network performance problems. It will resume its normal behavior after that. If this problem persists, verify your TCP/IP configuration, specifically check that you have a preferred (and possibly an alternate) DNS server configured. If the problem continues, verify network conditions to these DNS servers or contact your network administrator. "

Am I wrong in assuming this is a problem at netsources end?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Haven't had any problems on netsource here. Have you set the alternate dns server (212.17.32.1)? There may be some problems with the primary server.

Advertisement