Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC Cork Website - Is this a joke?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by kbannon
    Clip art?

you betchya!

sure graphic designers, who needs them? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

<table width="1405" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"  height="1">

obviously designed and optimised for users with monitors running at 1600 x 1200... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I love the way they're whoring their LIT-branded Credit Card on the home page.

Anybody else notice that blue seems to be the new (IT) black?
    Letterkenny IT, Tallaght IT (TIT - sure are for thinking this is a nice colour), Limerick IT, Waterford IT, Dundalk IT, Tralee IT, Carlow IT.. the list goes on.

A special mention must go to Sligo IT for "Click here to skip Flash Intro. Best viewed at 800x600 with IE5.5" (Didn't bother waiting for it, dial-up connection, but I obviously shouldn't be viewing it, seeing I'm using Firefox, and a ridiculously high res. of 1024 x 768), and to Cork IT, for their woozifying horizontal lines, bizarre colour combinations, and art nouveau feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

College sites are notoriously difficult to design. There's so much administration & structure it's a mess. + you've got tons of legacy content too. Add to that the infighting that you have in some colleges and the end result is a load of crap college websites.

Incidentayll 10k is nothing when you're talking a site of that scale. Managing dealing withthe client alone would cost that much. :)

My own college: www.dcu.ie doesn't fare any better, though one of their departments has a decent site: www.computing.dcu.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

That's what I really like about the University of Ulster website, it's professionally laid out, and consistent throughout. When I was looking through the UCD/DCU/TCD web sites, I kept looking at the URL as the pages kept changing design, and I was wondering if I'd been sent off-site.

I know €10k is a spit in the barrell for something of that magnitude, but at the same time it was way too much for what was actually done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement