Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attracta's Body Found

Options
  • 06-04-2004 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

I posted here about my sister-in-law Attracta Harron when she went missing in December. A lot of people expressed support and sympathy and asked to be kept informed of the outcome.

Attracta's body was found by the PSNI yesterday, buried near a stream about 2 miles from where she disappeared.

A 21 year old local man was charged with her murder ten days ago.

Thank you everyone for your many messages of support during this harrowing time. Particular thanks to the committee for carrying a link on the IOFFL website when we were still searching for Attracta.

Martin Harran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Very sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Martin

My deepest sympathy on the tragic news.
    It is little consolation, but at least you now have closure
    I would ask people to spare a thought for the families of the many people missing in Ireland, many of whom vanished without trace. I you have time maybe you could have a look at this site.
    http://www.missing.ws/_missingPersons/missingPersons.asp
    If anyone has any information, please contact the Gardai or PSNI

jbkenn

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Martin,

I'm very sorry for you and your families tragic loss. You have my deepest condolences.

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Condolences Martin. I followed the story with some interest over the last few months. I am truely sorry that it has come to such a tragic end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I'm very sorry for your loss martin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

I know it dosn't mean much, but im so, so sorry for your loss.

Barbie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

For what it is worth, I have been following this and pointing people to the web site. I am very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

My deepest sympathies, what a horrible way to spend 4 months for anyone.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

I'm very sorry for your loss Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

My deepest sympathies Martin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Martin,
    I’ve been following the story since the thread was posted up looking for information, I’m truly sorry to hear that the end answer to your search had to be this,
    my sympathies
    anna

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

My sincerest and deepest sympathies to you and your family. I can only but imagine the anguish. I like many others had been following the story for a while now and was deeply saddened to see this as the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Condolences to you and your family Martin, it's something no family should have to go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Martin,

You know already how I feel about this tragedy. Before I saw this I had already opened a Condolence's thread for Attracta on the 'News/Media' forum. However, now that I have seen this I am not sure if I did the correct thing.

It expresses in more depth how I feel, I will leave it up. As perhaps everyone concerned may not see this one here and it just may give others an opportunity too express their condolences in the News forum.

However, I naturally will leave the decision about whether it is in the most appropriate place up to you, the moderators and administrators of Boards.ie.

I will of course respect any decision.

God bless.

Yours sincerely.

Paddy McLean,
    Ballybofey. County Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I saw this on the news as I left for work this morning.

My thoughts and condolences are with your family Martin.

Fergal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I'm sorry it took 4 months to resolve this whole thing - it must have been terrible. And of course, that it came to the conclusion that it did. I hope that with the tragedy behind you, you and your family can move on in peace.

Regards,
    mr_angry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Walter Ego

You have my deepest sympathy.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

My condolences Martin. Hopefully the closure will be of some help to your family, small or no comfort as it may be.

Seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I'm so very sorry for your loss Martin.

Claire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll echo everything just said above, the waiting and wondering are over but maybe thats little consolation.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

I can only echo what everyone else has said here. My deepest sympathies to you, Martin, to your family and to the family and friends of Attractra.

Aidan.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

So sorry for your loss Martin.

Kieran.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

My thoughts are with you all.

Cal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Deepest sympathies to you and your family on the loss of Attracta.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I was stunned and horrified to see this on the RTÉ One O'Clock news today. For what it's worth, Martin, you and your family have my deepest sympathy in this difficult time. I'm very sorry for your loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

My thoughts and prayers are with you and you're family in these times of sorrow.

Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Martin may I extend to you, your family, relatives and friends, my sincere sympathies on your loss. My thoughts are prayers are with you all at this time.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

My deepest sympathies Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

I'm so sorry Martin , my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SeeYouJimmy

My Deepest Sympathies and Condolonces go out to you and your family

Jimmy

Advertisement