Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohs -v- Shels Any use?

• 06-04-2004 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

So I fell asleep when I came home from work last night and woke up at 10 o'clock last night. Hence I missed the match.

Anyone know if I missed a good game? You cant trust the papers cos they reckon every Eircom League is ****e. Which it isnt, only most.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

yeah it was a pretty decent game with that traitor jason byrne scoring again. Why did he have to go leave Bray. We would be up there with the best of them if he hadnt. Don't worry people we will be promoted this year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

In fairness while I would have loved to see him stay at home, he wants to be playing in the top flight and you will only be seen by the big clubs and possibly your country if you play in the premier division in your country.

Anyway, Tarzan can net a few and with a couple of new youngsters in there to stick in with a few and a fairly experienced defence (one of the most experienced, although some just say old) in the league there is little doubt in my mind that they will be up again next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It was a good game, very well contested, although the ref was a bit biased towards Bohs.

It was a definite penalty, as seen later on TV3, but the tackle leading up to the free kick that Bohs scored from was legal, and should not have been a free at all. This was not shown on TV later.

It wasn't the best game I ever saw in the eircom league, but good enough, some good football played at times, particularly from Glen Fitzpatrick, he is a good player, only signed for this season for Shels.

Funny Non Football Related Story from last nights game

All the Shels fans in the Connaught Stand( the one with no cover ), and all the Bohs fans over in the Jodi Stand...

Half time, and some Shels kids, about six or seven of them, ran on to the pitch, well a steward started comin over to get them off the pitch, all the way over from the other side of the park, the kids got to about half way across, then started runnin back over, and got over the barrier just in time...the steward got over to the barrier, told them not to come back over the barrier...

He started walkin back over to the far side, and when he got to about half way, the kids got back over, he turned around and legged it, full pelt back to the barrier, of course the kids were back over, but as he got near the barrier he slipped on his arse, bleedin class it was!....very funny...

All the Shles fans start chantin "You, you, you fell over...." and some of his steward mates arrived....well the craic was deadly...

Originally posted by Kingp35
    Don't worry people we will be promoted this year!!

Shouldn't be too hard to get promoted from Div1 this season, with a quarter of the teams coming up! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

yeah i suppose he did need to move on to bigger and better things but jason byrne is a pretty decent player and I think he should looked to maybe go across channel and try his luck there. Alot of clubs were interested in him.

Tarzan is a good player all right but he is getting old now and seriously lacks pace. Eamonn Zayed was another big loss but good luck to him at crewe. John Flood is another good player. I know because I was in his year in school for years and played on the same school team as him and as colim james. Both top young players so yeah the future looks bright for bray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Thats steward falling over moment is up there with my favourite "comic" Dalymount moment of the last few years.

Last years game at home to Longford and the longford physio is required. All of a sudden a big huge fat female physio pops up from the Longford dugout wearing a plain white t-shirt. As she runs across the pitch,tits a flailing,everyone in the Jodi joins into a chant of "Get up quick, shes coming".

And the Longford player did!!! This went on for the whole game and it was hilarious.

Draupnir are you Bohs fan?

We're you in the Jodi last night?

Just wondering what the Shels fans looked and sounded like from over there.

We had a lot of flags I thought, and ang our hearts out.

No, as I said in my first post, I started a new job yesterday and was absolutely knackered when I got home, fell asleep on the sofa and didnt wake up till ten. So I missed it. Unfortunately.

So you did....sorry

Yeah no worries man. Im sure the Shels fans were good because they usually are. Pity the clowns in Dalymount wont cover the connaught stand, would improve the atmosphere I reckon.

• Advertisement

I'm only new to the eircomLeague ( back end of last season, and now this ).

The lads I went with last night said the same thing, that in the last Bohs - Shels game last season the Bohs fans sounded great because of the covering, and that they wished the Connaught was covered too. It's make it a much better atmosphere for sure.

Yeah, last years Bohs and Shels game had the best atmosphere Ive ever known at a LOI game except for a few back in the day when Cork were great down at Turners Cross, but they may have been only because I was a small boy and it seemed louder to me.

Hopefully they will cover it soon.

Advertisement