Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 new website design

Options
  • 06-04-2004 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

Looks like O2 have overhauled their website design - and hopefully its reliability while they were at it...

http://www.o2.ie

BrianG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭positron

"Access to My O2 Account is currently unavailable. Please try again later. "

'guess they are still working on it! Overall, its infinitely better than the old design though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by DubWireless
    hopefully its reliability while they were at it...
    They're still using the same app server for much of it, hidden behind IFrames, so I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Hmm I dunno it seems a bit crap to me to be honest! Nothing really new, just everything rearranged. It takes quite a few mouseclicks to check my email now, unlike before...

And I have to re-register for My Account, I'll have to dig out an old bill from somewhere for the account number.. bah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sarahdb83

the webtext doesn't seem to be working either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Crikey. I login and then try access my account, go to look at my "My Account" and it tells me I have to be logged in. so I log in and try access my account and same thing. I've done this a few times. back to the drawing board!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭govinda

It worked OK for me yesterday, but I hate the fact that you have to click a lot more to check email/send webtexts. This morning though, I can't login at all:

The iPlanet Application Server is not available.
    Check if iAS has been started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Its ugly! yuk!
    email has been burried under a thosand mouse clicks and it wont workwith firefox no more:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

Oh my God!
    They have made the interface really crappy and non-intuitive.

It takes multiple page loads to get to e-mail or text.
    E-mail (both web and POP) were down this afternoon.

The site no longer works from the PalmOS v5 browser (the previous version worked fine).

What a bunch of muppets!

Hmm somebody at O2 must be listening!

There's now an email button in the menu on the left the minute that you login, pops up the email inbox straight away.

Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

it seems that the site 'remembers' what features you use... seeeing as i only use the web text and email, i too found them buried under a thousand clicks, now when i log in the only thing displayed on the left of the screen is email and web text, useful enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

it doesn't like (my) Norton Internet Security (Personal Firewall) :(, when i try and login i keep being dropped back to the 'Personal Home' page but i'm not logged in

have tried adding the www.o2.ie, web.o2.ie and apps.o2.ie to the Norton Internet Security "Web Content" list and setting Allow: Info about Other Sites[1] rather than the default Bock Info (doing this has got around some other sites login processes) - but that doesn't help

anyone else having hassle (or even better: no hassle - and how) with login to o2.ie with Norton Internet Security '03 enabled?

BrianG

[1] Block / Allow Web sites from requesting information about other Web sites you have visited during this session online

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Don't like the new design, those iframes are crap. The webtext page looks all ****ed up when it's boxed inside that frame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Its awful. Obviously whoever designed it never studied Good UI design.

Its a mess, especially when using Mozilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

Am I the only one who likes the design and thinks it's an improvement over the previous layout? I also think it's perfectly usable :)

That said, I am big into *web standards* and I hate it when a site looks all broken in Mozilla / Firefox, that's just lazy.

I'd love to know if it's internal job or did some lovely Irish company design / make it. Anyone?

- Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

About web standards: I really like the site. Take a look at the source, not a table in sight. It works perfect with a screen reader. With the i-frames aside, this site has come along way to ensure access to all web users.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

afaik it's an internal job, but I don't know for sure. there are lots of components to get working together and it'11 probably take a while to get it working smoothly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

Originally posted by patrickmooney
    this site has come along way to ensure access to all web users.

except it doesnt work (refuses to let me log-in) in firefox and is a mess apparently in mozilla. hopefully its just teething troubles.

dw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

sat right down and wrote myslef a letter..
    Dear Sir,

Thank you for your query regarding o2.ie. Unfortunately o2.ie does not
    support the Mozilla browser so that is why you are having issues with it.
    You will have to use Internet Explorer to view the website.

Kind regards,

O2.ie Internet Support

still dunno if thats policy or just a bottle washers responce :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Can anyone get the "Upgrade your phone - Enter your phone number to check your upgrade eligibility:" in the personal section (on the left) to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Spent 20 mins on the phone today trying to get into my email.
    Using firefox btw.

It'll let me login.... and send free txts, but my email is not letting me in. apparently the pop-up blocker is an issue and email requires pop-ups enabled, i enabled it and it still doesnt work.

anyone interested, their internet support number is 1740

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Works in Firefox alright. Think that login thing is just intermittent crap on the server end. Sometimes it doesn't login for me, sometimes it does (hopefully that will stabilize).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sarahdb83

it has worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 22 weebrat

I had the same issues, can't log in with Firefox 0.8, but Firebird 0.7 does work fine. Quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭IDM

The site's running nice & quickly now but when going to the web text section I've been getting an Error not found page. This happening to everyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Overall, it's a fair improvement - Two complaints though;

The window for the list of phone book entries on the 'send text' page is way too small. I've about a hundred people in my contact list so it take forever to scroll down & find the right one.

After sending a text, I have to scroll back up on the 'text sent confirmation' page to get the link to go back & send another text - really annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

yeah i noticed that about having to scroll back up after sending a text ....the screen just looks blank and white until you do.

it is much faster though!

Fair dues to O2 at the moment, they're really on the button. Swish new website with links to the services you use the most, a new improved bill (paper based that is) with better summaries of picture messaging and gprs use and now they've got spam filtering on O2 mail, which was a problem particularly in the last month what with all these virus worms going around. Nice one O2! And their webtext still beats the arse off Vodafone's..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

they say the new site supports all modern browsers - but i use netscape 7 and mozilla 1.2.1 and it puts stuff everywhere on them. it's a royal pain in the ass...

supports all modern 'microsoft' browsers more like

Advertisement