Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Van Nistelrooy & Trezeguet

• 06-04-2004 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Barcelona are talking to both players. :eek:

Van Nistelrooy has made three phone calls to Rijkaard about a move. Madrid were quoted €50M for the player last week... which they can't afford. Barcelona can't afford that kind of money either but they're hoping that the talks will put pressure on Juve to drop the price for Trezeguet. Van Nistelrooy is using the situation to put pressure on Madrid to come up with a deal to get him out of Manchester.

Trezeguet has told the board at Juve that he wants out - he has a year left on his contract and the club has been stalling on extending it. They've offered him an extension of three years but no pay increase until his current deal ends. Trezeguet is understandably miffed about this because isn't earning a quarter of Del Piero's salary and he's also earning less than Inzaghi. Moggi has been threatening him with the same black list treatment that Davids received. In response Trezeguet has told him that unless he gets his move to Barca this summer he's going to walk after next season for nothing.

Should be an exciting transfer market again this year. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

RvN just signed another contract i thought. Whats your source plz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Sounds like pure media speculation to me. I did hear rumours on Revista de la Liga last night that Barcelona have a whopping transfer budget this year, and Rijkard wants Van Nistelrooy, but apparently Joan Laporta has told him that he wants more Spanish players in the Barcelona team, and that he will only buy people like Juaquin.

Who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

No sign of a source therefore Id say this bull****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

My source is somebody very close to Barcelona. Those that remember my posts during the Ronaldinho transfer saga last summer will know that it's genuine information.

Van Nistelrooy has been negotiating with Madrid even after he signed his contract - Man Utd offered him more money. What was he going to do say no? He joined the club to win the European Cup and he doesn't see it happening that's why he wants to go to Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I can't imagine RvN wanting to get out of Man U. He's the first choice striker in one of the top teams in the world. okay they had a poor season but, when a poor season is fighting for 2nd in the league, dropping out of Champ League in (what I consider) unfair circumstances (Scholes goal clearly should have counted) and being favourites for the FA cup, you can't have much to complain about.
    He's just signed a new contract ffs. Why would he leave??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Trezeguet bit is probably true but as for Van the man! if he wants to go to Madrid in what position is he going to play in? they let Morentias(cant spell:-)) go to Monaco on loan because he had no position left with Raul and Ronaldo in the team......also the young striker(cant think of his name) is sitting waiting in the whigs and he is supposed to be the next big thing in Spanish football..

Think the RVN bit is just the press!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Originally posted by mr_angry
    Sounds like pure media speculation to me. I did hear rumours on Revista de la Liga last night that Barcelona have a whopping transfer budget this year, and Rijkard wants Van Nistelrooy, but apparently Joan Laporta has told him that he wants more Spanish players in the Barcelona team, and that he will only buy people like Juaquin.

Who knows.
    Barcelona were put off of Joaquin by Real Betis' reserve price of €45M. (A price Madrid are prepared to pay but not until next year.)

They are currently talking to three forwards.
    David Trezeguet
    Alberto Luque (Deportivo)
    Ruud Van Nistelrooy - initiated by the player via Rijkaard

They're also talking to Vicente the winger currently with Valencia.

All I smell is your bull**** Foley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Originally posted by neilbrady79
    ....Raul and Ronaldo in the team......

Isn't the buck toothed one supposed to be on the way to Chelsea this summer?....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by Draupnir
    All I smell is your bull**** Foley.

Bannor is usually well informed and pretty accurate when making his posts especially regarding anything Spanish so while I find it hard to believe tha RVN is trying to move from united I would not discount the notion all together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

They say they have agreed with Trez, I reckon the Luque deal is a done deal as for RVN cant see them spending that much on attack considering the players they already have. As for Real and RVN, what would happen Raul and Ronaldo? Surely one would have to move. Remember Moirentes is still there too & a few young lads who look promising.

Johnor makes my point again:-) great minds think alike

Just read the first post didnt read others!! sorry. good point tho :)

Oh another player always being mentioned with Barce now is Anelka, any truth to this oh wise barce man?

Anelka is going from everything I have heard......everytime he plays City dont win!! they will let him go if they get back the money they paid for him......Keegan thinks Eliott will be a better team player than Anelka....also they have Wanchope, Fowler and Macken as well so plenty of options

Not sure if Barca will take him but alot of whisper about Utd wanting him!! wud be a gud purchase for them......also wud be gud for Anelka in the long run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

I heard something on a UK radio station a couple of weeks ago about RVN to spain, Anelka to United story. No idea of the source tbh but it does sound realistic to me because of RVN's recent spats with Fergie.
    Anelka + Saha could be the new Yorke and Cole, I mean that when Yorke and Cole were actually playing really well and scoring goals for United ;)

Bit of a racist comment there by elbow. Cos theyre black is it?

More like that Anelka plays like Yorke used to and Saha is in the same mould as Cole

^^^What he said....

yeah and thx for coming in with that comment Draupnir. It was pretty obvious to anyone who has seen the 4 players what I meant.

Ive seen them all, I was actually doing a nice Dougal impression, sorry, I dont think Anelka is anything like Yorke was at all, Yorke was a strong player, very good at holding the ball up and good in the air. Is Anelka good in the air or particularly good at holding the ball up??

An insult to say Louis is only as good as Andy Cole. That stocking cost us the league to Blackburn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by Bannor
    Barcelona were put off of Joaquin by Real Betis' reserve price of €45M. (A price Madrid are prepared to pay but not until next year.)

They are currently talking to three forwards.
    David Trezeguet
    Alberto Luque (Deportivo)
    Ruud Van Nistelrooy - initiated by the player via Rijkaard

They're also talking to Vicente the winger currently with Valencia.

Interesting to note that they're trying to buy 2 players from their close rivals Deportivo and Valencia. They certainly wont come cheap, unless they're close to the end of their contracts. Luque's been in poor form recently though - I'm surprised at people queuing up to buy him. His miss against Barcelona was shocking.

Vicente is a very good player, but Valencia would be lost without him (they don't have many other attacking options). I'd be very surprised if they let him go.

I think Saha is maybe a bit more like Yorke - looks like he may be able to hold the ball up for them, then you'd have Anelka looking to time his runs in behind. Okay, not exactly like Cole, probably a bit better :p
    I think united would be better off in the long-run with Anelka and Saha, Anelka is a fantastic talent if his head is right.

totally agree about anelka, superb player, never should have let arsenal, never shoulda been born into a family with brothers

lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Anelka is a lazy tosser, and while he may be good for a few goals it is all he is good for. I can easily understand how City never win when he is playing. He wont even move unless the ball is played to his feet! If he signs for United I will be most upset! Yorke was alot harder working!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by Waylander
    Anelka is a lazy tosser, and while he may be good for a few goals it is all he is good for. I can easily understand how City never win when he is playing. He wont even move unless the ball is played to his feet! If he signs for United I will be most upset! Yorke was alot harder working!
    `

Replace the word Anelka with Nistelrooy in that statement and nit would still be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Originally posted by Big Ears
    `

Replace the word Anelka with Nistelrooy in that statement and nit would still be true.

Hang on a minute mate...one thing van Nistelrooy is not is lazy.

Jesus, he works tirelessly as a lone striker in the european cup.

Anyone that calls Ruud lazy is sadly mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

How in the world can you call V Nis lazy? Where is that coming from?

He like Giggs is one of the few players in Man united who never ever give up.

He hasn't had a good year this year, been very poor for his standerd, yet still is the second? top scorer in the premiership, and a fantastic European cup record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 doozerjack

Anelka would be a useful replacement for Forlan, but thats about the limit of his usefulness at OT. Give him 10-20 mins every week, and he's bound to pipe up with the odd goal. He's good, but he wouldnt make that first team, and he's too flaky to rely on as a #1 striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by Big Ears
    `

You must be looking at a different player mate. RVN works for his socks off during most matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Draupnir
    An insult to say Louis is only as good as Andy Cole. That stocking cost us the league to Blackburn

This just shows what you know about Man Utd. Yes cole had a poor game against West Ham, and a slow start to his utd career but he contributed a hell of a lot moreto their cause than Saha has so far.

Do you not remember Tottenham in 1999? Or the whole 2000/01 season when Yorke was off form?

As for RVN leaving. Can't see it happening. He seemed pretty happy after the FA cup match the last day

Depor should be looking for some money from barce for Luoque now, last nites preformance must have added an extra few squid.

john

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Originally posted by PHB
    He hasn't had a good year this year, been very poor for his standerd, yet still is the second? top scorer in the premiership, and a fantastic European cup record.

Joint third with Saha I think both are on 18.

Would be a shame to see him go as he certainly does chip in with alot of goals, it would be dire for United were he to leave also as at the moment he is there key man for the scoring and in fairness there are not too many defenses that would be afraid of Forlan and Saha as a strike partnership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭donhughberto

Lets talk money stall we, Real need to invest in defence as that sad loss in CL proves beyond a doubt. Ruud leave utd on the cheap i seriously don't think so and 30-40 million pounds is a big dip in anyones transfer budget.

I would think Utd will be offloading some players this year but if its him i am quitting Man U as they will never go anywhere without that kinda player.

R Van Der Vaart is a Barca target isn't he, a fan since childhood, and doing everything possible to lleave ajax. Fergusonhas denied calling him up as van der vaart claims. This is a realistic target for both teams.

How about a swap deal fr Ronaldo and Raul lol, makes more sense than selling best players!

Advertisement