Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

celtic uefa cup TG4

• 06-04-2004 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭

is anyone watching celtic vs villareal on TG4?
    i'd prefer to watch celtic rather than newcastle but i'll probably watch the newcastle one because i'll be able to understand the commentary, a match doesn't have the same atmosphere with the sound turned off
    or will anyone be watching TG4 and understand what they're saying?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Ill be watching TG4 with the sound off and picking up some English commentary on a radio station. Probably five live. Must check the listings actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Five live wont have full commentary of the Celtic game if there's a english team playing on the same night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Someone will, please god someone will

Maybe RNaG will :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Defo TG4, Celtic game will be good. That said Newcastle Psv? is it?? should be a good game too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Does BBC Scotland or one of them have it on? what game have Five on now that Liverpool r history?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

http://www.clyde1.com/

use the internet radio to get the match.. just click listen now

clyde 1 is one of the biggest scottish radio stations (if not the biggest..) and always usually have celtic/rangers matches, thats what i listed to it on when they played barca both legs.. because its the inet though it lags about 10 secs behind :(

scottish commentators do the scottish games the best though as they are usually supporters, and you can hear them getting tense, listening to them for the barca match was fantastic that way you could hear the way there voices got excited etc..

anyway, tune in there :)

(dunno if fivelive has newcastle or celtic, ill be listening to clyde1 regardless anyway)

Sorry meant Five da English station.....can get it thru digital......or one of the BBC channel usually have a game!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The Celtic match is live on BBC 3. If you haven't got Sky Digital, Radio 5 or Newstalk106 will have commentary.
    Originally posted by seansouth
    Five live wont have full commentary of the Celtic game if there's a english team playing on the same night.
    They had commentary of the Celtic-Barca 1st leg, not sure about the second.

Full week of sport sorted out now:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

other channels showing it :

BBC 1 Scotland and BBC THREE

If you have Sky Digital you should be able to tune in BBCScotland. Not sure about Channel 5. I dont think it is available on Sky Digital in ROI.

Read the last question here to find out how to tune BBC Scotland to Sky Digital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

When I was in Dublin I used to be able to pick up Radio Scotland on medium wave. It's 810mw if you want to give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by dccarm
    When I was in Dublin I used to be able to pick up Radio Scotland on medium wave. It's 810mw if you want to give it a go.

i used to pick it up too but reception could get very dodgy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭lynchie

Originally posted by seansouth
    If you have Sky Digital you should be able to tune in BBCScotland. Not sure about Channel 5. I dont think it is available on Sky Digital in ROI.

Read the last question here to find out how to tune BBC Scotland to Sky Digital

BBC1 Scotland will not be showing the match on Sky digital. As its in Parkhead, they cannot show it on digital. It will instead display a message informing you to turn to terrestial cable/digital to watch it. This was the same for the past 2 home Uefa cup games. The away games are shown as normal.

Oh yeah....forgot about that...sorry.

Maybe we all just should learn a cúpla focal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    i used to pick it up too but reception could get very dodgy :(

Isn't it funny too how it's always at the crucial moments that the signal goes. Penalty kick in the last minute and your standing there holding the radio half way out the window trying to make some sense out of a combination of Portugese rock music and the sound of bacon frying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    The Celtic match is live on BBC 3. If you haven't got Sky Digital, Radio 5 or Newstalk106 will have commentary.

They had commentary of the Celtic-Barca 1st leg, not sure about the second.

cool, i'll give it a go

channel 5 are showing newcastle vs psv, sadly

i'd like to know why the bbc (NI) has shown no UEFA cup football at all this season, even though theres been 3 british teams in it past christmas
    they should be showing the english games, with celtic on channel 5

as for TG4, its stupid that they have irish commentary, how many people understand it?
    with the number of people that watched the celtic matches, you'd think they'd want them to understand whats being said (that said the commentary is probably worse than C5)

Radio 5 won't be doing the celtic match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭AmenToThat

Originally posted by eyerer

as for TG4, its stupid that they have irish commentary, how many people understand it?
    with the number of people that watched the celtic matches, you'd think they'd want them to understand whats being said (that said the commentary is probably worse than C5)

So instead of TG4 showing it youd rather no one was as its in Irish?
    :rolleyes:
    Some people are never happy

Originally posted by AmenToThat
    So instead of TG4 showing it youd rather no one was as its in Irish?
    :rolleyes:
    Some people are never happy

take your rolled eyes and go **** yourself

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

its amazing the way most irish people support celtic because of the irish ties the team has but yet they complain that the game is in irish?? Very patriotic. Maybe you lot should go support rangers or something if u would prefer not to watch the game at all if its in irish!!!

ok, i'll support rangers now

Advertisement