Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well done Eircom

• 06-04-2004 4:49pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Well I am going to post a little thread that will most likely going to insense the mainly pre teen and largly hormal member of the boards.ie broad band section. Anyway just wanted to saw ordered Eircom RADSL before christmas and was turned on the first week in Jan so all good there. To this date I have had no issues with speed and ping and downloads are always very fast.

It seems Eircom are the only company that can roll out proper service to the community and it works all the time every time, surely with all the post on this board in relation to rubbish service by all the other providers like Esat, UTV and not to mention those jokers that call themselves wireless operators.

Everybody here gives Eircom a good slagging but all I am going to say is

WELL DONE ON THE GOOD JOB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Yup,
    Have to agree with you there TCP/IP.

Got Eircom Broadband installed just over a year ago.

Brilliant service. Only 1 downtime so far. (was told a week in advance)!!
    Consistant speeds / pings.

Fair play Eircom.

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Hope your enjoying your inflated prices and sh!tty cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

TCP/IP, you're a brave man coming on here saying that:D - but I have to agree with you. I'm with eircom almost a year now and the service has been superb. The only downtime I had was due to double logins of my username which were cleared within an hour.

They are still a shower of **** though.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Davey what I am enjoying is a quality connection and that is what i am paying for. I dont need to download illigal music and games so the cap is more than fair

How's the price then - you like getting ripped off??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭shurl

Don't really mind paying for something i'm happy with
    Getting a good service, Which is more then I can say for friends of mine who went for the cheaper providers.

I don't really consider €39.99 a month a rip-off. I'm getting the best service available. The cap is no issue for me - my average usage is less than 3GB/month.

Exactly I dont mind what it costs to get a good reliable connection what the hell diference does about €10 a month make to me ---- nothing

That's fine - you keep on letting Eircom give it to you up the ass.

Davey if you dont have any useful comments please dont make them as this is the type of reply that people are simply bored off.

Thanks

• Advertisement

What was the point of you starting this thread in the first place??? If you wanna thank Eircom why don't you go send them an e-mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

my experiance with eircom radsl is much the same as TCP/IP's
    im happy so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Pity they can't fix my line so I can get ANY Broadband connection.

Davey I welcome your comments I would just think something more useful then a ass comment would be more worthwhile thats all

RicardoSmith i feel for you I have been waiting for years to get done so I know how it feels without it

Davey, just because you don't like the opinions being expressed in this thread does not mean that there is no point to this thread. You are obviously incapable of listening to other's views if they contradict your own. If you have no other constructive contribution to make then please go away and look at something else.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Yes its expensive
    But Esat Business DSL 512K is the only way to go imho
    :D

Your not looking at the full picture. Ok, great you might be happy with your service fair enough. Your not considering people out there like Ricardo who can't even get BB because Eircom is sham of a company. There's thousands of people out there who can't get a connectioon even though their exchange is enabled.....who's fault is that eh hem - Eircoms. Eircoms view is if the line can carry calls then tuff sh!t no BB for you.

Then even if you can get a connection they charge more and offer smaller caps then the rest of the ISP's. Eircom is the reason the BB infrastructure in Ireland is light years behind the rest of Europe. Eircom claimed less than 3 years ago that their was no interest in BB in this country, they are clueless.

Lads, Eircom deserve absolulty no praise what so ever.

Davey, I agree that if you look at the wider picture, eircom are a shower of *****. This thread is about their broadband service though, not all the other things that eircom get up to.

See TCP/IP, it just took one page for this agrument to rear it's head. You've woken the beast.:D

well i think the dsl division of the company deserve some credit all dealing iv had with them have been good
    but the rest of eircom is screwing us over

• Advertisement

Exactly I am not saying Eircom are perfect infact no company is, but what I will say is that if it is availiable then the service is second to none plain and simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Originally posted by tuxx
    im happy so far

until they start enforcing the caps :D:p

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    until they start enforcing the caps :D:p

exactly :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

when will these caps be enforced? will there be some big announcement from eircom letting us know beforehand that they will be charging?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

well they said on my last bill that they would be enforcing the caps soon so what ever that means

with regards to the price i'm on the 55 package which is fine as sometimes i upload a bit. however i pay 40 towards it and the mam and dad the other 15 which is fine with me as i was paying 30 a month for flat rate anyway and i got a cheap ipod.

can't fault eircom either once i got it up and running it has been great, pings are great for gaming and all has been well

with regards to the ****ty cap, well it must be the ****ty cap that iol had a couple of months ago as well. its all relative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I got the €ircon BB the first day it came out and I have not had any problems at all with the serves. (Also mentioned this in a post a few days ago)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    well they said on my last bill that they would be enforcing the caps soon so what ever that means

I've check my bills but I cant they are going to enforce the cap anywhere. Where does it say on the bill?

I too have had €ircom from the first day they had BB and that was in 2002. I had very little problem with them. As for downtime, as far as I can remember, I've only had it 2-3 times but only for about 10 minutes or so. I know the price is a bit higher than the rest but at least you can depend on them more. Just hoping that they are not enforcing the caps soon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

hmm it was on the front page on the right iirc. i got the bill around the middle of feburary if that helps

data

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Meadows

No €ircom is an evil company who would murder you and all your friends and loved ones given half a chance. €ircom stands for all that is greedy and oppressive with little regaurd for anything but its own back pocket. Well done eircom my arse. Well done for taking so long getting broadband to ireland, taking so long in rolling it out and well done for all the super low caps and well done for some of the highest broadband charges in the planet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭cc

i'm looking forward to when you can get bb from the esb through a wall socket....bye bye eircom forever then.......:p

Advertisement