Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well done Eircom

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by Sleepy

Maybe Eircom provide an okay service to those precious few they deem worthy of BB but they're screwing over the rest of the country. Our taxes paid for their infrastructure (entitling ALL to decent service) and if you ask me the company is hardly a proper PLC. They're a national joke.

Our taxed paid for the infrastructure and the Government on our behalf sold the company to the 'public' thereby changing everything.

Anything that was put in over many years by the taxpayer was sold and the money is in the national pension fund. So its not as if the taxpayer 'lost' out in the financial sense (we as a nation lost out hugely of course but that was because of the Govt who made the decision) The ones who should be receiving the abuse are not Eircom but the Government who sold off a key national resource. And once a company goes public their priority is to make money for their shareholder thats the Capitolist system for you. The Company is a proper PLC I dont know how you can argue against that. I am not defending them just stating the postion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭dglancy

Eircom BB ... it does exactly what it says on the tin.

And from what I've read about UTV/IOL/IBB, I wouldn't consider anybody else for a while yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Did you ever speak to soon? Only two days after me saying I never had any connection problems with €ircon well guess what? Wasn’t able to connect to BB from 6:30 until 7:10 am this morning and then randomly disconnecting every so often after that.
    A lesson for everyone… doesn’t say anything about how good you think are!

Advertisement