Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does one fly helicopters/planes etc?

Options
  • 06-04-2004 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Im using my saiteck cyborg joystick which is amazing for il2 sturmovik and flight simulators etc but in Battlefield Vietnam, i have little control over it. How come when i go north with my joystick axis, instead of the plans diving down, it dives up. Why are these controls all messed up? Even when i tick invert mouse in the options under air controls. It makes no difference. So is this normal? When you pull the joystick towards you when in a jet in the air, it dives towards ground instead of in any other flying game when it would dive up. Why is it so backward?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

You have it setup wrong.

Go into the Options -> Controls menu.

Under the air controls set it to the following:
    Pitch Up: Joystick Down/Back
    Pitch Down: Joystick Up/Forward
    Roll Left: Joystick Left
    Roll Right: Joystick Right

Thats how I have mine [Microsoft Sidewinder PRecision 2] setup and it works perfectly. No problems 'what-so-ever'. If its still going the wrong way around then uncheck/check the invert box. Works for me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Unexpected

Bingo. Thank you very much!

PS: Is it just me or are helicopters REALLY hard to fly? They sway back and forth and all over the place. Jets are way easier and more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Helicopters are a lot easier to fly in Battlefield: Vietnam then in the Battlefield 1942 mods [Desert Combat for example]. If you are using a joystick it does take a bit of practice to get used to the stick but I find it a lot easier and more natural to fly with. If you want to do a bit of practice, setup a local server on your own and flay around in the differant kinds of choppers airlifting etc. to get the hang of them.

Jets in Battlefield Vietnam arnt as responsive as I would like them to be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Helicopters take a long time to fly properly. Here's a guide that should help you out:

http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf1942/strategy/chopper/index.shtml

I personally find it really difficult to fly the helicopters in Vietnam because I get so pissed off at them. "What? Releasing throttle hovers? WTF?"

Advertisement