Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monaco - Real Madrid (will contain scores)

• 06-04-2004 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Jebus, Monaco leading 3-1 with Morientes "on loan from Real and trying his hardest to knock them out of the Champions League" (BBC)

As it stands Monaco will go through on away goals!!! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Jebus, Monaco leading 3-1 with Morientes "on loan from Real and trying his hardest to knock them out of the Champions League" (BBC)

As it stands Monaco will go through on away goals!!! :eek:

Ireckon real will nick 1 before the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Raul has just had a goal disallowed.

And Monaco hit the post!

Sounds like a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Monaco have it....! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

all over.
    Raul missed a sitter in injury time

OMFG

Chelsea V Monaco in the semi's!!!!:eek: :eek:

• Advertisement

AC Milan will be rubbing their hands in glee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Im sticking a fiver on Chelsea to do the double tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Absoleutly delighted to see Monaco win it. Watched most of the game there and have to say Monaco well were deserved of their win. Just shows that if you stop their attack you can get in behind their defence.

Adios Real :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I wonder if Perez will make Queiroz the scapegoat (again), or will he accept responsibility for his silly cavalier attitude on signing only attacking players...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'd imagine Queiroz will return to man United to take over after Fergie leaves

• Advertisement

No doubt they'll buy a striker in the summer...

I'm kinda disappointed Madrid went out tonight, but only because I'd have liked to see them get a lesson in disciplined tactical football from Milan so they might finally see the value of a decent defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

My hat goes off to Morienties. What a pro to play against his own club and getting two goals over the two legs. Real shouldnt have allowed him to play against his own club, a slip up.

This Summer:
    Queiroz> Well Fernando, How was your loan spell at Monaco?
    Morientes> It had its moments...:D
    Queiroz> Well see ya, im off to the job centre....:mad: Ya little bollox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Celtic even did better against Monaco in there 2 leg's in the group than Madrid.....so I wonder what this says about Celtic???? hahaha

Queiroz is gone and I wud say will prob end up back in Man Utd as Manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Didnt Perez say he would stay on another year no matter what? Im sure bigger promises have been made to other managers but surely Querioz is almost as good as Madrid will do for a coach type manager. Ah well hope Monaco can beat Chelski now, otherwise i stand to loose a wee bit of money. Deschamps has done an amazing job there aint he? I read an article somewhere saying he'd like to take over at Juve after Lippi. Think he would do well there, I know he'd have the fans respect.

john

Edit: Of course, just after i post this i go to planetfootball.com greeted witht his headline

"Deschamps rules out Juve move"

nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Originally posted by Dempsey
    My hat goes off to Morienties. What a pro to play against his own club and getting two goals over the two legs. Real shouldnt have allowed him to play against his own club, a slip up

Yeah, I really don't understand this "On Loan" thing! Why the hell would you let your own player play against you in such important matches? Especially when you're still paying up to 40% of their wages!!

It's just so obvious that the on loan player will have something to prove.

It's happened a few times in the PL this season.

Even players that were sold during the transfer window scored against their old clubs. At least Charlton had the foresight not to allow Scott Parker to play against them when they met in the PL.

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I was delighted to see Real get there commupance. Chelsea have an awesome chance at winning the Champions League now, I'm definitely rooting for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by BaZmO*
    Yeah, I really don't understand this "On Loan" thing! Why the hell would you let your own player play against you in such important matches? Especially when you're still paying up to 40% of their wages!!

Madrid should have specified that he couldnt play against them but they didnt specify that probably because they didnt think they'd be playing Monaco anytime soon.

Morientes was on fire the minute he came to Monaco, im delighted for him.
    I could see chelsea going home this season with an unlikely double

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by neilbrady79
    Celtic even did better against Monaco in there 2 leg's in the group than Madrid.....so I wonder what this says about Celtic???? hahaha

Queiroz is gone and I wud say will prob end up back in Man Utd as Manager

Considering Celtic just beat Barcelona, who were on a 9-game winning run in La Liga, I don't think you need to say anything more about them. However, it was Lyon who were in Celtic's group, not Monaco! :p

I'm glad for Monaco, but as an Arsenal fan, I'd really like to see Chelsea go through and hopefully meet Milan in the final. Claudio Raineri deserves nothing less for the work he's put in this season, despite being f*cked over by the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sayireland

Joy oh joy.

Galacticos crash back to ground with a bump.

Trusts them right after discarding Morientes the way they did just to make room for Ronaldo.

April 18th Vincente Calderon The real Madrid team play hosts to the galacticos

Torres to show where the real talent lies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Milan for the C.L.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭thesecret7

I could only watch the fuball with a broken heart when i saw Monaco win last night...

But the fact of the matter is this...

They were lucky to win, and the best players on the pitch as we all knows are playing for (or have)Real Madrid.

i would have wished everybody to see Milan and Real playing in the final. Then everboady would have seen the milan defence swept aside. The final last year was so bad too watch. It was not the best soccer(like the magnificant Real who always play the best futball) but who would let a goal in by mistakes.

the mind boggles with the unending italian fixation with the defence, nobody likes this twisted thinking...

but we all know that after this seasons there will be the most shakes of up of Real since a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Monaco brought it. They deserved it. Fantastic game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by therecklessone
    AC Milan will be rubbing their hands in glee.

Obviously not. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Giuly to Real next summer?

The real Spanish giants came out a day late!!!!!!! , but funnily enough in blue and white stripes!!!

The real Spanish giants came out a day late!!!!!!! , but funnily enough in blue and white stripes!!!

How can you make such a fantastic comment?? Deportivo are a very great side and have played some great futball tonight. But, the are not as magnificant as Real Madrid.

And this thread is not about the closed mind of the defensive fixation of the troubled Milan phyche.

Spanish futball is the best and you have witnessed this tonight if you have watched Deportivo!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

French football is the best because Monaco beat the best team in the universe ever, part 3.

Barcelona for la liga.

Originally posted by thesecret7

And this thread is not about the closed mind of the defensive fixation of the troubled Milan phyche.

Spanish futball is the best and you have witnessed this tonight if you have watched Deportivo!

Can I ask where you were two weeks ago when Milan wiped the floor with Depor in a display of superb passing, movement, balance and above all discipline? I can acknowledge that Depor were worthy winners tonight, but you seem to have a real chip on your shoulder regarding Italian football in general. What's your problem with defending?

Can you not accept that football is in essence a game of balance. The truly great teams find a natural balance between attack and defence. A 0-0 match can be as enthralling as Liverpool and Newcastle playing out a 4-3 "thriller", and conversely a 4-3 match can be as poor as a dull 0-0 draw.

Learn to appreciate all the skills of the beautiful game sunshine.;)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Makaveli
    Obviously not. :D

:o

what have you saying, Mr therecklessone? Have you seen the final last year? I dont know about you but I have watched a Italians teams with the good defence and that was it.

I knows that Milan were not the bestest team that everyone says they are. It was shown in Galicia last night, the phyche of the Milian is a bad one. I must ask you a question,? where was you the last night? Because you would have watched a Galician team playing some great futball

what have you saying, Mr therecklessone? Have you seen the final last year? I dont know about you but I have watched a Italians teams with the good defence and that was it.

I knows that Milan were not the bestest team that everyone says they are. It was shown in Galicia last night, the phyche of the Milian is a bad one.

Yes I saw last years final. Yes it was boring.

Doesnt change the facts. Milan tore Depor apart two weeks ago, with some of the best football I have seen in years. Are you blind to those results which do not support your opinion?

You claim Monaco were luck against Real. Bullsh*t. Monaco were unlucky not to win by more. So they had a Real player in their side? So what. Just goes to show how bankrupt Real's recruitment policy is then, doesn't it? Did you see the match on Tuesday night? Did you see the unbridled joy on Morientes' face when he scored against his own team? Tells its own story really...
    where was you the last night? Because you would have watched a Galician team playing some great futball

Did you read my previous post? I acknowledge that Depor were worthy winners. They played outstanding football that reminded me of Milan's demolition of Barcelona in the mid 90s (the best Euro match I have ever seen). I also recall them losing heavily to Monaco in the group stages. What does that say about Spanish football?

Yes I saw last years final. Yes it was boring.

So why have your team play boring futball? It was so negative that it was incredible.

The Milan came to Galica and think that they have won (with the 4-1 leads), and it was shown that they have a big mental problems with the way that they play.
    What does that say about Spanish football?
    That it is the best

That it is the best

:rolleyes:

Yeah, being beaten 8-4 shows how good a team you are. By that reckoning, Lichenstein are the best national team in Europe.

Can you do anything except waffle to back up your opinion?

If its high scoring sports you're after try darts. You're guaranteed someone will get 501 in that...

How can you make such a fantastic comment?? Deportivo are a very great side and have played some great futball tonight. But, the are not as magnificant as Real Madrid.

Well the truth is that the best team in the end wins the league, cup or CL.

Madrid lost the cup against Zaragoza and got kicked out of Europe by Monaco.

As regards the Spanish league there is still plenty left to play and Valencia are still there with Barca having an outside chance as well.

Facts are is not been a good season so far for the 'galacticos' and to be honest there have been very few Madrid teams who would have had the bottle to do what Depor did last night.

• Advertisement

The facts of the matter still remained. Real Madrid are the best team in the Champions Lieague because they played the best futball.
    being beaten 8-4 shows how good a team you are.

dont be silly, Real showed their magnificant class at home in Madrid. How can you expect the team to travel to such a place, Monaco, in that stadium...

We all knows that the best futball were played by Madrid players that night and the (4) goals that monaco scored were because a Real Madrid player was playing for them!

The facts of the matter still remained. Real Madrid are the best team in the Champions Lieague because they played the best futball.

Yes, they are clearly the best after being knocked out in consecutive seasons now. If they played the best football they would win. They are not the best team in the Champions League. If they had a defence they would be, but the defence is poor and it's been their failing now for two seasons.

And remember, Valencia are just four points behind them in the league with a game in hand and Real Socidead nearly won the league last season. It's not as if Madrid are miles ahead of the other teams.

And on the 24th of April Barca will beat them in Madrid oh yes!

That is because they 6 forwards win the game without any needs for the defensive.

Make no miskates, REal have the best players and the next season you will witness it.

They will win la liga also (this time)

dont be silly, Real showed their magnificant class at home in Madrid. How can you expect the team to travel to such a place, Monaco, in that stadium...

We all knows that the best futball were played by Madrid players that night and the (4) goals that monaco scored were because a Real Madrid player was playing for them!

Are you even reading the posts on this thread, or are you just mumbling away to yourself incoherently?

I mention Monaco beating Depor 8-4 (remember that one?) and you quote me, but start waffling about Real being the best team in the CL (which they're obviously not, since they aren't even in it. :rolleyes: ) I believe your beloved Real player was missing that night...

If Real showed their magnificent class in Madrid then why did Monaco get 2 vital away goals? 2 goals that went a long way to knocking out Madrid?

Face it sunshine, you're repeating yourself and nobody's agreeing with you.

Oh, and if Darts aren't your thing, maybe a game of cricket? Plenty of scoring in that...

I think our friend 7 is 'un vikingo' (Real Madrid supporter).

What the rest of us don't realise is that Real Madrid have a god-given right to win everything.

Well, roll on tomorrow week, the galacticos travel across town.

Let's see what 'El Nino' can conjure up and help put Valencia back top of the table.

• Advertisement

therecklessone i dont like your nasty comments.

Futball is the best game in the world and I have not a beer bellyfor darts or like warm beer for the cricket.

It is possible to beat Real Madrid, but you have to score more goals than Real cans.

Real play the best futball so they are the BEST.

(That is all I wish to comments on these matters).

Real por la liga !

therecklessone i dont like your nasty comments.

Then try reading my comments and replying to them, instead of spouting nonsense.

And that is all I wsih to comment on these matters...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

It is possible to beat Real Madrid, but you have to score more goals than Real cans.

No

Sherlock

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

fact of the matter is teh best team ever in the universe are after getting knocked out twice in the CL to more "boring" teams!!

wake up and smell the roses 7
    how old are you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Real play the best futball so they are the BEST.

And in light of their 3-0 home hammering by Osasuna in which they displayed some of the most pathetic defending ever...?

Advertisement