Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How screwed is everyone?

• 06-04-2004 10:12pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

I see a mountain of work in front of me, yet i'm on boards right now. Total lack of motivation i know!

Anyone else as screwed as i am?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by Red Alert
    I see a mountain of work in front of me, yet i'm on boards right now. Total lack of motivation i know!

Do I know you? Are you me? Have I a split personality on Boards?
    I'm in the same situation :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I've already done my exams :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Originally posted by Stephen
    I've already done my exams :cool:

I HATE YOU :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

hmm i've three weeks to prepare for my finals and at one stage during the exams i have 4 exams in 5 days, i feeling kinda screwed but sometimes strangely relaxed about it all. oh and my lab intereview is in an hour and i should be reading over my reports but here i am on boards yeah for me

data

Eeeek!! Good luck with the lab interview Data!

• Advertisement

And here I am on work experience now. Mind you, those exams sucked balls. 6 in a row. All mornings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

yea mine are one after the other at like 9 or somethin in the mornin. I havent been up that early since secondary skool

9am? Shudder.....is it bright at that time??? :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Unbelievably!

The amount of work I have to do and the time scale I have to do it in, is unreal. I already have a couple of exams to repeat in Autumn. I don't like the course I'm doing. I have no motivation whatsoever. Don't know what I'm going to do for next year, no real prospects and have no-one to blame but myself. I'm not afraid of hard work but I just can't understand most of the stuff I'm doing. *phew*

I should be more stressed than I am but can't understand why I haven't flipped out yet?

Not that I've come here to complain you understand!

Best of luck to everyone doing exams and the like.

How far in are you? If you're only in first year maybe you should drop out and do some other course that's more inline with your interests?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

loads of time left to study

How far in are you? If you're only in first year maybe you should drop out and do some other course that's more inline with your interests?

Exactly....it's never too late....I'm doing something I'm interested in yet there's still so much crap to get through that I'm not interested in because nothing is just black and white....

But yeah, best of luck everyone!

This is my third year!! :eek:

Yeah, I know: "What are you doing in a course you don't have any interest in?"

Thing is, I don't know myself. I really want to make something of my life but I don't know what. I should have an idea of this sort of thing at Leaving Cert for fukcs sake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Exams on the way, not too worried, Got everything under control --> it was getting a bit out of hand a couple of weeks ago..............................All sorted now (Thank fcuking christ)

Thanks joePC

Originally posted by Okie
    This is my third year!! :eek:

Yeah, I know: "What are you doing in a course you don't have any interest in?"

Thing is, I don't know myself. I really want to make something of my life but I don't know what. I should have an idea of this sort of thing at Leaving Cert for fukcs sake!

Well there are people out there who know exactly what they want at Leaving Cert and they get it....and lucky them....then there are people like me who at 22, still doesn't have a clue of what I want in life or what the ideal course for me is. I keep changing my mind.

Originally posted by ClareBear
    Well there are people out there who know exactly what they want at Leaving Cert and they get it....and lucky them....then there are people like me who at 22, still doesn't have a clue of what I want in life or what the ideal course for me is. I keep changing my mind.

Same deal here ClareBear, 'cept I'm 23! Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge the people who know what they want out of life, I just wish I was one of them :)

God Almighty, I come across as an awful sap!

I gotta stop bitchin' and concentrate on my plan to hitch-hike to Mexico to escape all this depression and such. Gotta work on my droopy moustache and accent though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Eeeek!! Good luck with the lab interview Data!

cheers went alright in the end can't say the same about the problem sheet we where doing this evening though as well, though it was like trying to get blood from a stone for some of the questions.

hmm tomorrow tutorials and problems sheets are pretty much finished for ever and ever and ever happy days

Originally posted by Okie
    Same deal here ClareBear, 'cept I'm 23! Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge the people who know what they want out of life, I just wish I was one of them :)

God Almighty, I come across as an awful sap!

I gotta stop bitchin' and concentrate on my plan to hitch-hike to Mexico to escape all this depression and such. Gotta work on my droopy moustache and accent though.

Can I join ya?
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

m33p!

i'm only in first year but i'm terrified because i haven't had a single exam yet so i have no idea what kind of level is required to pass and what the marking is like. some of the papers/questions look really difficult and half of my year seem to be repeat students! :(

Originally posted by Seraphina
    m33p!

i'm only in first year but i'm terrified because i haven't had a single exam yet so i have no idea what kind of level is required to pass and what the marking is like. some of the papers/questions look really difficult and half of my year seem to be repeat students! :(

Don't stress, it'll only make things worse. Just do your best. But find out what the marking etc is like if at all possible.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

remember that it's often easier than you think to get 40pc to pass

Can I join ya?
    :D

Sure. Why not? :) Could do with the company!

Fetch a large bottle of Tequila, two oversize sombrero’s (to blend in, inconspicuously ) and I'll meet you at dawn, the camel will be ready!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

tekkit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

oh god oh god oh god

you are me

i am you

i have a 2,500 essay due in at 10.30 tomorrow morning, and ive barely started. cant even understand the stuff to write the essay.

and im on boards and have been all day.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

screwed like a big screwed thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭callmescratch

when i got the exam timetable i had to go and look at my college timetable because i couldn't remember which subjects i was actually meant to be doing.
    no study done, no lectures attended for quite some time, missed 5 mid-terms.

i'm trying to panic but i can't. what the hell is going on. maybe if i could panic i'd actually get somethin done, not that there's any time now.

oh and can i come to mexico too? i'll bring life jackets for the camel (on account of the ocean)

Originally posted by callmescratch
    i'm trying to panic but i can't. what the hell is going on. maybe if i could panic i'd actually get somethin done, not that there's any time now.

oh and can i come to mexico too? i'll bring life jackets for the camel (on account of the ocean)

Sure! :) Let's blow this hot-dog stand!

Who's with me?

Cut to scene of Okie standing all alone, beside one very confused-looking camel wearing arm-bands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

yes, if not more so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

I have a dissertation to write by Wednesday week... thats 11 days. I'm on page 7.... only 93 more to go....

*why am I on boards???... Kloda .. get back to work!?!?*:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

We can always repeat!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Originally posted by dwayneburke
    We can always repeat!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And go through all that torture again? No thanks....:mad:

God sometimes I wonder why do I bother.....there's so much work to do :(

Advertisement