Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questios about UTV BB

• 06-04-2004 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

I recently disconnected from IOL BB but I still have all the modem and microfilters and stuff. I was just wondering does anyone know if I'll have to pay the full installation again if I sign up for clicksilver?
    Also is the €29.99/month package do you HAVE to sign up for their telephone service?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭cc

i don't see utv letting you out of the installation charge, or a break for having your own equipment. You have to take the telephony too......but you don't "have" to make any phonecalls at all, something which people who don't make many landline calls should bear in mind. :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by Repli
    I recently disconnected from IOL BB but I still have all the modem and microfilters and stuff. I was just wondering does anyone know if I'll have to pay the full installation again if I sign up for clicksilver?
    Also is the €29.99/month package do you HAVE to sign up for their telephone service?

The answer to both your questions is Yes. it does not matter that you were connected before as UTV will have to pay a fee to Eircom as you are a new customer as far as they are concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Well that kinda sucks.. cc you say you don't HAVE to take their cps? What if other people in my house wanna make calls through eircom.. is that still possible with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

I have a question, why on earth would you get rid of IOL? UTV sucks, trust me, i was stupid enough to subscribe to them. Theres a reason why they are the cheapest!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭cc

no no...just saying that even though you have to take utvs cps, you dont actually have to make any phone calls at all if you dont want to. Just for people who don't make many landline calls, having to take the cps isn't much of an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by Repli
    Well that kinda sucks.. cc you say you don't HAVE to take their cps? What if other people in my house wanna make calls through eircom.. is that still possible with this?

why would they want to make calls via Eircom? You dont actually notice any difference when you use the UTV telephone service - you just dial the number as normal.

Advertisement