Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Got Insurance Quote ! ! !

Options
  • 06-04-2004 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

rang axa there in jan about getting added on the my ma's insurance, not hoping for to much they turned me down, what a surprise!

Sorry your parents policy already has a named driver they'd have to go open driveing for you to get added but even then your to young
    WHAT 21 to young, yes sorry was the reply
    and oh the cars to old to, 4 years is to old (god help me when the day coms i'm able to afford myself a 10 old car or something a bit newer)
    anyway my ma rang them last week
    (not sure what changed? maybe the ***** on the other end of the line?)
    but she gave her a quote for me from now till the end of june (when their policy has to be renewed) of 485 euro's so less than 2 grand for a year.
    not bad is it for a now 20 year old (21 in may)
    with a full licence and as first time insurance!

pitty i cant afford it at the moment :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

That not having anymore named drivers thing is a bit crap, when I had my own policy with quinn direct (much as i hate them , but they were the cheapest at the time) I had 3 named drivers for free, and they asked me if i wanted more added for free,but i couldnt think of anyone id trust to drive my car

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

you ge to add named driver to your policy with quinn?

that's going to be kept in the back of my mind when i get a car and my bro wants to drive it, he can pay up even tough its free for him (in your case anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Torlac

Call quinn direct they quote everyone and are competitive

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by jozi
    Sorry your parents policy already has a named driver they'd have to go open driveing for you to get added but even then your to young
    WHAT 21 to young, yes sorry was the reply

but she gave her a quote for me from now till the end of june (when their policy has to be renewed) of 485 euro's so less than 2 grand for a year.

to drive on open insurance you need to be over 25. i think you might also need a full licence, but not about that.

€485 until end of june seems reasonable. did you get written confirmation that the insurance would be less than €2000 for a year. I taught that also. got insured for 6 months over a year ago, cost about €600. not too bad. when i went to get one years insurance they wanted to charge me €2100 :(

Advertisement