Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

section 31

• 06-04-2004 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

with reference to the covert ops thread, i mentioned section 31 where part of the original federation charter, however i now believe that to be incorrect, i believe them to be part of the original starfleet charter, which could possibly mean they could show up in enterprise which would be interesting.

opinions people?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Slone said it was part of the federation charter not starfleet's sooooo i dont think so sonny jim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

are ya sure though, as thats what i originally thought and then i looked at the adverstiment for the section 31 books which was quotations from the episodes

section 31

bashir: never heard of it

sloan: we keep a low profile....we search out and identify potential dangers to the federation

bashir: and starfleet sanctions what you're doing?

sloan: we're an autonomous department

bashir: authorised by whom?

sloan: section thirty - one was part of the original starfleet charter

bashir: that was two hundred years ago. are you telling me you've been on your own since? without specific orders? accountable to nobody but yourselves?

sloan: you make it sound so ominous

bashir: isn't it?

exerpt from ST: DS9 "Inquisitions" written by bradley thompson and david weddle

Starfleet was ment to have been created by the federation.Enterprise ****ed that up by calling the Earth fleet Starfleet afaik

I think slone was talking about the Federation starfleet not earth’s starfleet . Seeming 200 years before hand would be 2174 or so (I think ds9 was set in and around 2374 +) so 20 years+ after enterprise and nicely tieing into the formation of the federation

muhahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I could see S31 appearing in ENT , if only to try and get ratings up.

Originally posted by User45701
    I could see S31 appearing in ENT , if only to try and get ratings up.

:o christ

Anyway myself and data finished this debate on msn....And i won (as normal) muhahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by bizmark
    :o christ

And i won (as normal) muhahaha

you wish sunshine you wish

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    you wish sunshine you wish

I did and you know it you drunken college student

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Ah the joys of holding Trek arguments :P

Nothing beets them aspecially at 5am, im just after winning one, some guy was saying A galaxys complement is only 950 and i said it was around 1450 (how much is it exeatly i know its over 100 and im almost sure is 1440 or 1140)

Galaxy can run with 200 crew/command staff the rest are civys and scintist up to 1000 so galaxys crew would be around 1200 or so

Me thinks

• Advertisement

Data has said its crew complement several times.
    Remember the episode where crusher got traped in the static warp bubble and at the end she asks data the complement and he saYs "fourteen hundead and ? right what it should be doctor"

Advertisement