Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOW, PC just shut down, just like that no warning at all!!!

Options
  • 06-04-2004 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Yeah was just replying or reading a post here somewhere cant remember and listening to winamp maybe had outlook and messenger running and then all of a sudden black screen for a second or so and then post screen?
    what happened! dont think it was a power cut or anything

got a windows message thing, you know the one you get when a prog crashes, clicked on view report or something?? anyway have dialog attached at jpeg

i did increase the fsb of my chip to 200(amd athlon XP 2500+) and lowered the multiplier to 10 so only a slight increase of speed. temps seem 1 or 2 C higher than normal while idle, surfing net etc didn't try game yet, @ under 50C

if anyone has any ideas/taughts please let me know

thanks,
    jozi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

other attachment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Until you reset your PC back to it's factory settings, we can't be aure what you're seeing is a software or a hardware issue.

Overclocking your system invalidates any software issues, because the overclocked hardware may be the underlying issue rather than a genuine software bug.

Thanks,

Colm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

i had a problem a week or 3 ago, where my computer would just bring me back to my bios bootup screen at random, and it turned out it was bad graphics card drivers.

Did you update any drivers recently?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Didn't Blaster just shut down computers like this, and couldn't that cause other errors?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Blaster warned users before it rebooted .... it sounds like it may be driver related ...have you changed any lately, if not it may be hardware ....or overheating

• Advertisement

All my drivers are up to date as far as i know, done a clean windows install recently.

i have mbm5 and it tells me the temp is below 49-50 at all times, so far anyway.

ill keep an eye out for the temp while playing ut2k4 later and if it happens again i'll be reposting

jozi

to be honest i think i done a bad windows install as i had some problems for a few days after only a taught

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I wouldn't worry about it too much if it just happened the once, but it does sound like a hardware/driver issue.
    Those "error" messages on the restart are a bollocks. No fecking use whatsoever...

I kind of Guessed that, was the first time i ever looked at it!

Read someting in a computer/technology supplement of a paper from last weekend that windows longhorn has a code generator that will display random number incase of a crash, reccon xp has something like that to!

Advertisement