Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amplifer/reciever

Options
  • 06-04-2004 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

I need an amp/reciever for max €180. Can someone give me advice as to which one I should buy and where? Is richer sounds still the best place to go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

nad c320
    cambridge audio a5 / azur range
    rotel ra01
    marantz current model

standard stereo amp much better sound quality than 5.1 at that (or any) price

ebay / buy and sell
    richer sounds (belfast - dublin closed as u prob know)
    hyperfi.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dross

Sorry forgot to mention, it has to have dolby prologic 2 and 5.1 as I have the speakers already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

same brands are good. You have a very tight budget there with 180 euro. Pick up a home cinema magazine / 'what hifi' etc. 5.1 i.e. Dolby Digital / DTS is the one to go for. What are you going to be hooking it up to (ie what speakers and DVD do you have?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dross

I've got a set of mission speaker (m71, m7dS and mc1) and an Eltax sub. The speakers say I need an amp between 25 and 75W.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭MoosemaN

Hi There,

I think you need to revisit your budget, as 180 Euros will not buy you anything of use for thoose speakers.

The cheapest I found(imported from Germany) is Pioneer VSX-D512 for 199 EUR

Denon AVR-1604 silver for 359 EUR

• Advertisement
Advertisement