Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone spam help

Options
  • 07-04-2004 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

If there's one thing that really really p*sses me off it's spam text messages.

usually I do a search and ring the sending company and let them know how unhappy I am to hear from them and tellthem that I really really really do not want their services. Unfortunately I appear to have hit a bit of a dead end on the latest culprit:

"Make International calls at a local rate. Call from a landline via access number: 1890 943 123 (local rate) blah blah blah www.budgetcom.ie"

I checked the website: only contact details are an email form and a FAQ.

A whois eventually turned up:

Rights restricted by copyright; http://www.domainregistry.ie/copyright.html
    % Do not remove this notice

domain: budgetcom.ie
    descr: Telediscount BV
    descr: BODY CORPORATE (LTD,PLC,COMPANY)
    descr: Discretionary Name
    admin-c: AAO515-IEDR
    tech-c: TDI2-IEDR
    nserver: NS.IRISHDOMAINS.NET
    nserver: NS2.IRISHDOMAINS.NET
    source: IEDR

person: Laura Daly
    nic-hdl: AAO515-IEDR

person: Technical Dept. Irish Domains Ltd
    nic-hdl: TDI2-IEDR

But no contact details. Telediscount BV is a Norwegian company as far as I can tell and Irish Domains Ltd. will not give me any contact details.

Now, I dont want to report the spam to the guards or anything. I just want this budgetcom company to know that I am not happy and tell them not to do it again.

can anyone help with a contact number?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Let the Data Protection Commissioner weed them out. The Data Protection people are actively targeting Mobile Spam at present I hear.

See Here for starters and lodge a formal complaint, using the information you have gathered on the culprit of course. You will get nothing complaining to the spammers, as always.

M

Advertisement