Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the Best sport in the GAA.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

oh i play,very poorly actually!but i have most of those logos on tshirts(intervarsties) but havnt the balls to wear them cos they are capital cheese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

you mean thirdman isnt making them ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭thirdmantackle

how dare you suggest such a thing

heinhandball2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

footballers just drink heineken-handballers smuggle isotonic drinks into america!!it has been done!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dunny_killshot

There is no doubt about it....Handball is not the best GAA sport........its the only sport to play! No other sport demands hte same levels of Cardio Respiratory Endurance, Strength, Endurance, Agiltiy, Flexibility and INTELLIGENCE!! Forget the rest...play Handball. Handball is the only GAA sport wich offers its players to MEANINGFULLY represent their country i.e. World and Euopean CHampionships.

Imir Liathróid Láimhe, an cluiche is fearr sa domhan!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Paul Brady is the man...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Funny that the 2 people the post in support of hanball other than thirdmantackle have only one post each .

or is it ? :eek: .

Well i said football because i prefer playing it but to watch is definetly hurling . ( i only prefer football cause im better at it )

Hurling has a certain craft about it no other sport has .
    I also beleive that hurling is of a higher standard than football at the moment ( but its a hard thing to judge )
    and finally its the second fastest field sport in the world .(according to the Guinneas(sp ? ) book of records . )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭The Rooster

finally its the second fastest field sport in the world

And the fastest field sport in the world is????

soccer, rugby, gaelic football, aussie rules, US football, baseball, cricket, hockey, polo, .....

Off the top of my head I can't think of any quicker than hurling.....

Lacrosse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Ice Hockey is the fastest field sport as far as I know. Sorry I had not checked the link before I posted. I always thought it was Ice Hockey anyway.

How the feck is Ice Hockey a field sport? It has to be played on a field for it to be a field sport!!!!

Thank you third man, I was not aware that Ice hockey was not played on a field. It can be very educational discussing these things with you! I will try to choose my words more carefully next time to avoid confusion. By the way how many fields have you seen Lacrosse played on?

Loads. I've been at plenty of games in the US. Do you actually know what Lacrosse is?

You are right I was thinking of a diferrent sport. I always thought Lacrosse was played with long L shaped hooks on the end of your arm, hurlin a ball against a wall. Does anyone know what that sport is? It used to be in the theme tune for Miami Vice, I think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by Kaimera
    Jai-Alai.

Advertisement