Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Villarreal talk big

• 07-04-2004 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

Villarreal talk big

Villarreal striker Manuel Victor believes that beating Celtic will be easier than knocking out Roma.
    Celtic knocked out another Spanish side, Barcelona, in the previous Uefa Cup round, but Victor takes confidence from his side's win over the Italians.

"We are not going to be their next Spanish victim," he said.

"People are telling us that it is just a dream to think of winning at Parkhead, but we are travelling to Glasgow with the intention of winning."

Villarreal are due in Glasgow on Wednesday morning ahead of their quarter-final first-leg, having themselves drawn with Barcelona at the weekend.

Celtic last season defeated La Liga rivals Celta Vigo, but Victor said: "I think that beating Roma was much harder than it will be to beat Celtic.

We can surprise them

Villarreal striker Manuel Victor
    "But Roma is in the past and we need to focus on eliminating Celtic rather than patting ourselves on the back about what we did before.

"Out of respect for them, I'd say that winning in the away leg is difficult but not at all impossible.

"It is only 11 against 11. Celtic have to remember that, and I believe in our power. We can surprise them."

Manager Francisco Garcia, known as Paquito, said his players were used to playing in intimidating arenas like the Bernabeu and the Nou Camp.

"In the past, we'd have been knocked out much earlier, but now we have a very good team," he added.

He admitted that Celtic's recent European pedigree made them favourites but refused to concede defeat before a ball had been kicked.

"Celtic's strength is their team play, although Larsson is the best-known of their players, but I don't fear anyone from a football point of view," he said.

"Celtic will think they can win, we need to think we can win, but everyone can say what they like beforehand, the players are the ones who will decide the matter on the pitch."

Star striker Sonny Anderson also believes his side can pull off a shock against Celtic, although he is under no illusions as to the task facing them.

"Playing there won't be easy for us, but we have to be strong because these are important games and we will have to be ready for them," said the Brazilian.

BBc radio 5 live

I'd have to agree with the chap..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Id have to say ur a rangers fan and are very anti-celtic .
    1-1 at parkhead 2-1 (to celtic ) away .

Newcastle 3-1 psv (home ) psv2-2 Newcastle (away)
    come on the Toon:)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

I'd sayyou got BIG EARS:)

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

now now.

I have to say even thought i think they will lose Villarreal have a good chance of winning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

I think they will win over the two legs, could be a tough away game, villareal have alot of heart. Watched the game with Barcelona at the w/e didnt look too threatening, was probably the worst game ive seen from la liga so might be a tough one to judge on.

john

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Celtic will win at parkhead but i can see it only being a 1-0 win. Who knows what will happen in spain i think it will be very close and i really dont know who will win this tie it could go either way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Big Ears
    1-1 at parkhead 2-1 (to celtic ) away .
    I hope not, i have Celtic in a big accumulator. 5 teams won and Millwall and Celtic have to play. If they win I get about 100 back for 2 euro.:D

Advertisement