Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

British Ilse team for the Olympics

• 07-04-2004 11:44am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I no this would never happen for loads of reasons but I think it would be a great idea,you would get some team.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I would never like to join up with britain for the olimpics. we are two different countries and it would be like Germany and France joining together .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Given
    Carr
    Campbell----Terry
    Cole
    Beckham
    Keane
    Gerrard
    Duff

Keane
    Owen

Subs:
    Scholes
    Giggs
    Finnan
    Southgate
    Kiely

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

Yeah but who outta N.Ireland or scotland or wales would get in the team...

The Keeper would have to be-> Given
    THe defenders--> Carr Woodgate Terry Cole
    Midfield--> Beckham Lampard Gearrd Duff
    Strikers--> Keane Owen

Bench --> Scholes, Ferdinand, G.Neville, Defoe, Smith, Robinson, Miller

4 Irish, 7 English in the first team...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 zedsDeadBaby

There wouldn't be and irish player that would get on to the British Isles team except maybe Duff.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

why not...they do it in rugby...British and Irish Lions....

• Advertisement

Eh Carr is a quality right back...better then poxy gary Neville and Keane is a gud striker...like who else would you play with owen up front..i know they are both small n all...but its quality that counts...and he works well with defoe at spurs..and Given in goal...him or Robinson...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

How do teams qualify for the olympics? Or is it more a case of 'whoever wants to send a team'. Did Ireland ever send a team? Or for that matter Britain?

I would never like to join up with britain for the olimpics. we are two different countries and it would be like Germany and France joining together .

Eh we wouldn't be that good:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 zedsDeadBaby

I think there are some stupid rules around the Olympic soccer as well.
    Like teams being made up only of players under 25 or some other rubbish like that.
    makes it a Worthless competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

Yes, there are bizarre rules around the olympic soccer tournament. I'm still not sure what they are totally but basically it's an under-age tournament, probably under-23.
    I don't see where this idea for a British-isles team comes from either, Britian-maybe, united-Ireland team maybe, but not all five.
    It's not exactly worthless either, treated seriously by the big nations, France, Brazil, Spain etc. but it's often over looked by broadcasters, mainly because there's no home-nation involvement.
    I think Brian Kerr mentioned something about it being a good idea to try and get an Irish Olympic team going again when he took over as boss.

• Advertisement
Advertisement