Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iol Lead-Out

• 07-04-2004 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

I ordered Iol bb+ about 10-15 working days ago, what are the chances it'll actually arrive on time? i dont mean that in a cynical way, i mean as a genuine question, are they reliable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

when i ordered i was told 10-15 days till arrived about 2 1/2 weeks later. so yea times are farely accurate. its sent out by a courier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

No harm in phoning them to chase up on it, but mine arrived fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

aw man it's gonna be here any day! is there anyway to check if your line is already set up? i thought they sent it out by sds?

oh one more thing, i order online by credit card, so will the credit card be charged every month or what'll happen?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

ring them and ask, they should tell you when your line will go 'live' and once that happens the modem will be sent within a day (usually)

Flogen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭hjr

ordered mine on 10th March (ESAT), took them a week to send out my letter re: deposit, took another week to take my deposit and then when i emailed them to complain last wednesday they told me it would take another 15 days toget up and running, they said they couldnt speed up the process cos they rent the line from eircom and as it wasn't eircoms fault for the delay they couldn't put pressure on them to hurry up! and now today they send me a letter looking for bank details!! At there estimate I should be up and running by the 20th April - thats nearly 6 weeks after I ordered it!! I'm in Sligo but don't think that should matter .:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Definitly ring them to see what's the status or your order, I rang them to check my status and they'd put me down for an engineer install even though I choose self install, so that added a few days.
    Then they never sent the modem beacause they never changed my order to self install on their system and that added another few days.
    Then an engineer rang to see when to come around to Install the modem it was a complete joke.
    In the end somehow I ended up getting sent 2 modems.
    In Total it took about 23 days

Good Afternoon Daniel,

Many thanks for your email.

Please be advised your application is currently on hold as it appears you have the broadband service with another provider. In order to proceed with our application you would need to cancel your current service and advise us of the cancellation number at which time your application can progress. Please note that our records show sales staff have attempted to contact you.

Kind Regards,

Melissa

what the fu(k? you bunch of dozy kunts!!!!! my god they're about to get some bollicking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

I ordered it back in November and only got it two weeks ago...don't hold your breath.

my sweet jesus, i rang up there and experienced the award-winning customer care service, I thought the people who complained here about it were over reacting but my god they are the most incompetent bunch of shi-tbags ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by griffdaddy
    my sweet jesus, i rang up there and experienced the award-winning customer care service, I thought the people who complained here about it were over reacting but my god they are the most incompetent bunch of shi-tbags ever

FFS instead of whining on can you be more specific? What did they tell you? If eircom came back to esat and said someone has already ordered broadband on your line, then that is what has happened.
    I've heard of many people who have rung eircom to get pricing details etc of their dsl product without ever saying 'yes, i want to order it', and eircom signed them up anyway.

but surely if they signed me up they'd be charging me? (eircom that is) you see thats the thing, they said a lot with out saying much, i was transferred about 6 times and then finally she said i needed my eircom cancellation number, i said why? she said your connected to them, i said i'm not, she said i am, i said i was ADAMANT i'm not. she said ok, if you adamant, i'll sort that out. thanks bye. what the hell does that mean?

sorry by the way etho it's just i'm getting pissed off cause these isp's nag my dad all day everyday looking for the account of the guesthouse and it just seems to me they put a lot of resources into attracting customers as opposed to just looking after them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭tammy

griff daddy,
    jump aboard, i had the same problem when i signed up. Heres my scenario, after 14 working days and not a whisper i decide its reasonable to start nagging, Am told all is well, i have a live date a few days away and should be up and running in no time. A week passes, not a whisper. I call again and am told i that it might take a little longer as i have been supplied with broadband previously by a different isp. This is a shock, as i have never had broadband before. The weeks pass i call am told various untruths. Finally i get a decent guy on the line who tells me that eircom have allocated my port/switch(i'm not sure) to a different user, which is completely wrong, eircom=mocrie. So all told it took me just under 2 months to get it sorted out. Heres the good bit though after all the messing iol send the modem to the wrong address, this address doesn't exist
    so my modem trevelled around dublin for a week in the back of an sds van. I tracked my modem and got onto sds and told them the situation but they still insisted on bringing my modem on a sightseeing trip, until i went out to sds headquarters and picked it up myself.
    So to recap, eircom Incompedence personified, iol incompedent and sds incompedentish.

so what should i do now? ring eircom up or esat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

I'd say Ring €ircon but dont tell them about you geting IOL BB or they probably won't be very helpful.
    Say you were enquiring about €ircon BB a few days ago or something and you were told you had a pending order
    for it with and could they check it out as you've not ordered it,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Call Eircom, tell them you want to get Esat DSL, and get them to ensure that they have not allocated your line for their DSL.

Eircom are well known for marking lines as being their DSL customers, without that being the case.

ok i rang eircom, found out that someone in eircom.net had earmarked my account as being eircom's dsl property, the guy was actually very very helpful, he had an english accent and worked in the sales section of the broadband helpline. he said it was a common problem and usually the fault of eircom.net jumping the gun with orders. anyway he gave me a cancellation number and I've emailed iol because it seems to be quicker thatn ringing! with a little bit of hope i'll have broadband by christmas 2008:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

i oreder my iol bb and i was waiting over a month for it to come.
    I got really pissed off with this so i rang up and cancelled my order and the very next day i had my modem at the door and my line set-up,its great:)
    Oh and yeh,iol customer service sux0r beyond belief

ok i got the cancellation number and gave it to iol and they gave me a go live date of the 29th of april. could anything else go wrong between now and then?

• Advertisement
Advertisement