Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problem with a Suzuki Swift

Options
  • 07-04-2004 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Been driving this car for around a month, actually it's a Jap import (Suzuki Cultus).
    About two weeks ago I had problems turning her over so I opened the bonnet and there's a buzzing sound coming from the Fuel Pump Relay. It's rattling like mad too. So in grand ol' Irish style I give it a whack and I can hear the fuel pump switch on and the car starts fine.
    This happens almost every time I start the car now which is, as you can imagine, a right pain in the ass.

I've taken it to a few poeple, auto-electrician says it's the relay, dealer says it's the earth ask the panel beater (had a job done just before I bought it), panel beater says it's the relay. Got onto the main dealers to order a relay and they say they'll have to get one from Dublin, fair enough. They ring back and the guy says that I'd be the first person in Ireland to be ordering a relay and they'd have to order from Japan and I'd have to pay up front. He says its probably not the relay.

I tried to get a second hand one but to no avail. Anyone know anything about this type of thing? Is it the relay or is it something else?

What can I do?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

is the engine turning over OK when you are trying to start?

am I right just saying that engine is turning as normal but will not fire up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Ya that's right, it won't fire up. Sorry don't really know the terms :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

It could be relay, i had similar problem in my crx. car was turning but would not start. Relays pins were soldered but everything was cracked and did not make contact from time to time when starting. I was lucky as some solder did the trick.

Advertisement