Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath anybody ???

Options
  • 07-04-2004 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

If there is anybody from or living in Meath who browse this site, let yourself be know.........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

The ball and chain is from Bellewstown, if that counts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭spaczed

Well I'm am Meathman, so thats one anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

lived in the trim/athboy area most of my life... from belfast originally

wouldnt class myself as a meathman though... god i love it when meath get beaten...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

I'd be meath bred. Go Navan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭pdh

Not much interest huh.......

Just moved to Navan in the last while and was wondering if anybody from around there would know much about the scene there, what pubs to visit and which ones to avoid. Does Navan have any Squash courts etc etc

But as the traffic on this board is very light, unlike the N3 into Dublin in the mornings, suppose will have to try some other tack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

me too, but am in college in UL at the moment:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Yeah go navan.
    Never thought i'd say them words.

Originally posted by pdh
    Not much interest huh.......

Just moved to Navan in the last while and was wondering if anybody from around there would know much about the scene there, what pubs to visit and which ones to avoid. Does Navan have any Squash courts etc etc

But as the traffic on this board is very light, unlike the N3 into Dublin in the mornings, suppose will have to try some other tack.

used to work in Navan... the pub scene etc is pretty good...

Berminghams down beside the newgrange would be my fav pub in navan... nice and small.. great atmosphere...

banjo sherlocks is good for bands and stuff like that...

solar is decent enough for a night out as well... its all trial and error really to get to know what you like yourself...

stay clear of the ardboyne/oisins disco... full of knacks looking for fights...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭stoopidkid

Athboy gal here..Head 4 Banjos for a good night out..Or if ur willin to travel a bit Dorans in Athboy is a good place to go..Great bands on offer there most weekends

Originally posted by stoopidkid
    Athboy gal here..Head 4 Banjos for a good night out..Or if ur willin to travel a bit Dorans in Athboy is a good place to go..Great bands on offer there most weekends

wooo... yeah... go athboy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

How did meath get to be in the northeast ?

I live in Trim by the way.
    There is SFA to do in meath.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Gurgle
    How did meath get to be in the northeast ?

I live in Trim by the way.
    There is SFA to do in meath.
    Meath is in the north east because the admins decided that they should region all of the counties off judging by their health boards. Meath is part of the North Eastern health board, as is Cavan, Louth and Monaghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

And LMFM used to have the tag-line, "All across the North East". Navan Shopping Centre uses "Pumping life into the heart of the entire North East"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Map

OK, I'll accept the North-Eastern health board reason.
    We're using political rather than geographical mapping.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

And also, alot of Cavan is more north westerly than parts of Leitrim, which is in the North West. Yet that part of Cavan is still part of the north east.

Advertisement