Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do, get Wireless Digiweb now or wait

• 07-04-2004 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I've been waiting for DSL for many years, cursing my dialup. It was finally going to happen with Eircom upgrading my exchange in 'Mid '04' (or so they say)

Suddenly there is another option, DigiWeb Wireless has put up a distribution point in my town and it is live now !

What should I do? Wait for Eircom DSL, or get one of those receiver panels fixed to the chimney and go with DigiWeb Wireless?

Apparently I have to sign up for a 12 month contract with DigiWeb Wireless, so if I don't like it I am stuck.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I'm in the same situation lowlands, and considering the digiweb wireless it seems like a good package, at a good price, just wondering how many users on the boards have it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by lowlands
    Apparently I have to sign up for a 12 month contract with DigiWeb Wireless, so if I don't like it I am stuck.Any thoughts?

Err youll have to sign up for a twelve month contract with eircom as well so that shouldnt affect your decision making, remember just because your exchange is or will be upgraded does not mean your line will pass as well

So you may not have much choice but to go with digiweb wireles in the end

if you search the forums youll see that as with any wireless connection theres guys who have it and have terrible problems wih it and otheres that it works grand for

So really tis upto yourself

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by shinzon

if you search the forums youll see that as with any wireless connection theres guys who have it and have terrible problems wih it and otheres that it works grand for

Yes but they're all on Irish Broadband from what i've read.
    Digiweb have got good reports from people i've asked in Drogheda. Two people here have told me they usually have pings of under 50ms

And as for the 12 month contract, if you read the T&C's, you'll see you can get out of the contract at any time by paying a €100 termination charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 lowlands

Going to post the order form today, decided I just cannot wait any longer.

I'll keep you updated on the progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 lowlands

Posted subscription form to Digiweb Friday April 9, with all my info plus payment for installation and first month.

On Tuesday April 14th received a letter from them saying that they were very happy enrolling me as a new customer, and I would be contacted within 2 weeks for installation.

I was thrilled.

However two and a half weeks have passed without any other movement :-/

I did get an advertisement in the post announcing 'Digiweb is available in your area now!', duh.

The story continues ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by lowlands

However two and a half weeks have passed without any other movement :-/

Same here, I booked for Bizweb (not the home product, the *business* one) on Monday, paid for it etc, haven't heard a thing all week. I rang today and was told it'll be May 10th before I even get an ETA! What the f*ck? They're hardly setting the town of Drogheda alight with orders for their service, so why on earth does it take so long for them to stick an antenna up? They don't even need to do a site survey as my neighbour has their service.

If i'd gone with DSL i'd probably have it in the next few days :-(

In a word: Grr!

Advertisement