Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iceland?

• 07-04-2004 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭

I'm going to iceland.

Can anyone recommend things to do and/or see whilst I'm there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

do everything!!

seriously, I did the "golden circle" tour, an off road safari and still didnt see enuf

make sure u go to the blue lagoon on the way to the airport!!

you should see if u can go whale watching too,
    do searches on the web, lonely planet guide is good, 20yoyo at the most from easons

the sky is bluer than I've ever seen,amazing

icelanders, lovely people, all speack english, and once they know your irish, not british, very friendly

bars dont get going til 11 or 12 at nite, and u can party til dawn!

Cute girls too :-)

** edit ***
    Dont change loads of euros in kronar before you go, as when i was there, the b-de-changes offered 0% commission and better rate than home

plus, collect the vat back vouchers, claim on the home at the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Theres more info is this very recent thread. Do a search in the forum for Iceland and there's even more threads on it.

As for the VAT back, you can donate your claim to a childrens charity when claiming it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Went to Reykavik for a weekend a couple of years ago, loved it, v. expensive and the women are possibly the best in the universe (average score: 9.6).

Oh and if you're vegetarian you'll probably starve like I did, thank the good lord for liquid diets.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kenny

I was over there with a few mates for a few days about 18 months ago. Loved the place.

The locals are brilliant folk, really friendly.

I have to agree about the local ladies, sweet jesus. They must lock up all the ugly women.

You should save a few quid if you plan on drinking a bit while you're there. It's very expensive, even compaired to Dublin. Theres a few good nightclubs, NASA is one i can remember.

Oh, and if you do plan on a few shandys, bear in mind that the water has a high sulphur content ( for the uninitiated, it smells and tastes of eggs, you try and quench a hangover with that stuff and see how far you get).

Theres a cool outside swimming pool out near the football stadium, two pools and 4 jacuzzis.

Highly recommend the place. I'll be going back at some stage to do the things we didn't get doing the 1st time.

Advertisement