Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Affordable One Bed, or decent person to share two-bed close to Dublin City

Options
  • 07-04-2004 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, looking for a place.

Anything that has it's own toilet and bath/shower, is reasonably spaced out (ie not sleeping in the kitchen) and is less than €600/month. Ideally I'd want something in Harold's Cross or Rathmines, and within 40 minutes walking distance of Stephen's Green.

Alternatively, I'll share the burden of a generous 2-bed apartment, with a similarly homeless-bound boardster who doesn't smoke. If I've met you and liked you, that would help too. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i'm looking for somewhere too :)

although i dont know if you like me....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Depends on how muich rent you're willing to pay, being a poor student an' all ;)

400 a month...
    i could afford more if it was worth it, but i'd prefer to stick to that or under

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I'm looking for something similar - but I smoke.

:(

/me pats Silverfish on the head

unfortunately if you read seamus' journal you'll see he's had bad experiences with DIRTY SMOKERS in the past.

/me runs and hides

:)

i AM just joking btw...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Seraphina
    400 a month...
    i could afford more if it was worth it, but i'd prefer to stick to that or under
    We may be able to work something out whereby I pay more for the double room, and you pay €400ish for the single :p

Sorry Silver.....smoking flatmates == bad. :)

are you kidding me? i dont do long term sleeping without my bed! altho its not a double double... just bigger than a single kinda thing.

i wont leave home without it! hehe

Of course I'm not kidding, you'll have to compromise if you want to move out :D

We can try get a place with two double rooms, and I'll make up your deficit, but it would mean I get the bigger double room, and priority in the bathroom ;)

why dont ye just TAKE IT AAAAAAAAAALLL

heheh

problem being apartments are a rip off, we'd be better off getting a house and trying to fill bedrooms...

Originally posted by Seraphina
    why dont ye just TAKE IT AAAAAAAAAALLL

heheh

problem being apartments are a rip off, we'd be better off getting a house and trying to fill bedrooms...
    Sharing with one other is bad enough woman......

:p

• Advertisement

well even with two sharing, southside, the area you're looking for is gonna cost around 600 each

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Well get a room guys! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

if you'll wait to june and move to blackrock area you're on!!! :p

Originally posted by uberwolf
    if you'll wait to june and move to blackrock area you're on!!! :p
    Yeah good luck with that one :p

/me goes off in search of cheap two beds to tempt Sera with

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

When ye do get a place can i come over now and then ?

Ill bring beer.

It will be so much fun!!.

Indeed.

Anyone else?

(Poor students can't live up to my expensive tastes in housing! :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Gwan. Someone has to be homeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Smart plan.You are looking at about €1200 a month for a 4 bedroomed gaff(this is in blanchardstown tho),sharing with 4 other people means 300 a motnh,i know it isnt town but you are saving at least 200 euro a month plus a nice big house instead of a dingy apartment :)

Originally posted by Garth_Vader
    Smart plan.You are looking at about €1200 a month for a 4 bedroomed gaff(this is in blanchardstown tho),sharing with 4 other people means 300 a motnh,i know it isnt town but you are saving at least 200 euro a month plus a nice big house instead of a dingy apartment :)
    Ah you see the key is location location location.
    For me, Palmerstown is miles from anywhere. All of my friends live in the Templeogue area, and work is in town.
    To get a house in Palmerstown would completely negate the point of getting a new place to live :)
    Besides, unless you have 3 good mates who all want to move out at the same time as you (which I don't), then you have to live with strangers. And that's a lottery. The general rule if living with strangers is: the less you have to try and find, the better :)
    I'd be happier to pay €500 a month for a small place of my own, close to work and play, having to share laundry facilities, than paying €300 a month, for a place where I'll spend half of my time travelling or bored to tears, having to live with ignorant monkeys.

• Advertisement

oi!
    watch who you're calling an ignorant monkey!

You're not a stranger though, so you can't be an ignorant monkey.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement