Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warlords of Pez

Options
  • 07-04-2004 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Ever heard of the Warlords of Pez?

I've check out their website (www.warlordsofpez.com) which is pretty mental but I can't find any gigs listed - anyone any idea when/where they're playing again?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

as far as i know they've no gigs for a while yet, but a 2 of the pez, are in another group called the chalets and they've a couple og gigs coming up that are well worth checkin out.

www.thechalets.com

be good,

goat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Groovy Mover

thanks for that Goat,

I saw The Chalets mentioned on The Warlords site alright.

Have the 2 who are no in the Chalets been replaced??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ilovehoovering

WoP gigs aren't very frequent really. played with Bobby Conn in Cork recently and one of them made a friend of mine sit on her lap while he sang to her haha. wish i'd be there....haven't seen them since Witnness 2002 sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 coldspoon consp

They supported us at our album launch in November.
    it was amazing.
    they staged a mass and resurrected previously dead member Deepspace Donkeybite.

The 2 from Chalets are still Warlords too, but members of the Coldspoon Conspiracy 'sub' in for them on occasion.

but let's just keep that a secret, shall we....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭hippu

you know the way you can download their album on that site, where can you get that cool song of theirs i heard on the radio "clippity clop"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 coldspoon consp

that was recorded for a 2fm session, they might replay it some time.

...but the baby came back the very next day. awww!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

Isn't that a Chalets song on the scene not herd hairdresser advert on MTV Ireland?

Originally posted by Shorty
    Isn't that a Chalets song on the scene not herd hairdresser advert on MTV Ireland?
    it is...i haven't seen it yet tho...tis called Sexy Mistake and it's the b-side to the Theme 7"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I've seen them play live a couple of times. Pure bizzareness. The Derek Davis song is a classic.

I saw the Warlords of Pez cartoon in that magazine 'Mungrel' at the weekend too

They are bleedin' lunatics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

But fantastic ones at that! :D

Yes fantastic indeed!:D

Who are D.A.D.D.Y??? Just saw the illustrations were by The Warlords or D.A.D.D.Y?? This whole Warlords, Chalets, D.A.D.D.Y thing is very confusing!! Fantastic but confusing!!:D

D.A.D.D.Y are a bucn hof mad animators...some of them are Warlords i think...the video for Padre Pio is amazing...tis on the WoP website. and they also did the artwork for the Kicking Against... cd compilation that was out a couple of years ago...the cd has the Padre Pio vid and the vid for Creative Controles 'Bloodrush' on it

I see! It seems they're a talented bunch.

I love hoovering too!!

Advertisement