Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Co Mod

• 07-04-2004 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Ok so its come down to Mod time. i'd just like to hear from yourselves about who YOU would like as Co mod. Someone whos been here for a while and knows their stuff. boards.ie have a few guidelines on Mods firstly they have to be online a fair bit in order to properly police the forum, and they would prefer if they are 18+ .
    There are a few regular posters here who could do the job well i think.
    I've been informed of a few things in the last few days that bar Nerotheextreme from Moderatorship. Such as trying to draw people away from the board and creating second accounts to further his means.
    So let me know here who you nominate, this is the offical Mod thread and all others have no bearing here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

drawing people away from the board? in fairness thats a bit weak.

he tried to lure me down a laneway with some sweets once:rolleyes: does that count?

/edit - grammar

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I pointed that out as evidence that he was unlikely to want to be Mod or at least wasn't looking at this forum as somewhere to develop. But in all fairness, if you wish to be in charge of minding a forum, it doesn't look too good if you're trying to get people to not post there any longer.

The signatures don't bother me. The PMs don't bother me as long as nobody complains to me about them.

Creating a second account just to get a few lame digs in (not to mention pouring petrol on that thread just when it looked like it was about to calm down) are of more concern to me and are what I would see as reasons for not making him moderator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Ecksor came onboard to give a helping hand for a little while till we sort out a Co Mod. As he isnt interested in Pro Wrestling i highly doubt he would like to continue modding the forum for much longer. I will be contacting a few people in the next few days asking if they would be interested in the post. A new Mod will be instated within 7 days

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Muzz

To honestly suggest Nero or any other guy as a MOD that actually takes Pro Wrestling as a way of life is totally outrageous. Nero has on occasions opened his adult mind and gave us all the impression it is a child stuck in an adults body. However since the guy is trying to remove users from this forum as it is, why not give him the MOD job because it'll be like a kid with a new toy. There will be more people banned or warned in the first week of his new status as head of Pro Wrestling. And what difference will a 2nd MOD make to the spoilers people are going to post them...the MOD is going to ban them? My advice just stick to your new "forum" and leave everyone else that actually has an intellect to post and read what is posted in this forum. Good Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

apologies for my ignorace but i have bene rather busy for the last while and havent had much time to follow whats going on?

Is Nero gone/barred?

I am just trying to figure out why he isnt the most suitable canditate for the job. as i Thought he was the shoe in.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Muzz

Oh good one there alrite. But what you fail to realise is this has nothing to do with me. You are putting forward Nero to be a MOD. He could barely MOD his own life nevermind a public forum.

• Advertisement

Muzz, do you ever do anything except fling poo? Banned from Pro Wrestling. I look forward to the inevitable tourettes like outburst that follows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Muzz
    But what you fail to realise is this has nothing to do with me.

u said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Um, i nominate me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

If Ecksor doesn't want it I nominate Hanza

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

The only problem I have with Ecksor is that he knows feck all about wrestling. Hell make anybody hanza, smiaras, nero the freakin co-mod and have the mod moderate them or something.Who cares!!!? The whole thing is so stupid. The board is dead, the freakin raw spoilers haven't even been posted yet! I thought it was really dumb of Smiaras to so quickly have the other site up so quickly, and opportunistic might I add. It means that now there is barely anyone on either site!! Fantastic!!
    Congrats everyone's a winner!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Originally Smiaras was my choice and nothing has changed.

I wish the old forum was back with a dedicated mod such as Smiaras. I come to boards.ie for wrestling and a lot more which makes it easy to stop by this forum. I have to go out of my way in a way to visit the other new forum. I just wish it could be here. Also the new one looks awkward with a seperate section for everything. Have it all together, properly moded (if thats a word) and bring back the good old days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Very strange this whole luring peope away from the boards thing, i was contacted by nero to join the other board, whch i did willingly, i didnt feel coerced in anyway, as im a member of various wrestling sites and a Mod of a board called

Lezzys wrestlingscoops

just because i decide to join somewhere else doesnt mean im not gonna stop posting here, although i havent posted in awhile, tend to stay away because theres still people who post spoilers in here without due thought for the people who actually havent seen the programmes yet ETC ETC

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Originally posted by Washout

Is Nero gone/barred?

I am just trying to figure out why he isnt the most suitable canditate for the job. as i Thought he was the shoe in.

Nope, I wasn't banned. I took some time off for the sh|t to clear as this forum started going down the tubes BEFORE April 1st when the other forum was set up.

I sent a couple of PM's over, i sent a URL stating there was an alternative. People then came freely so "drawing people away from the board" is just a tad overboard Gar, You don't complain when you do a gig in the Voodoo Lounge when a new band comes on the scene, you don't say they're trying to take your following away do you?

For the Record, TheCrock actually wasn't me, in a working enviornment there is such thing as DHCP and when PC's are rebooted we tend to get different IP addresses. Yep, it was someone from here alright, but it wasn't me. If i have something to say, i'll say it, i always have done, i don't need to hide behind another ID to do so.

Not that any of this makes a blind bit of difference really as I'm not really interested in being a mod anymore, and i stated that in my last post. I'm a mod of an already busy board is it is :D

Just so we clear that up (and now Muzz can get some sleep at night), but if my spoke here makes a difference, i reckon give the co-mod someone completely independent who wasn't in the running before, in the interest of fairness of course. Provided there's enough traffic that justifies another mod.

Nero

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

I know im only new to the cause but im pro wrestling through and through for over 14 years and I do come here often enough to do it.

Id understand if you say no but I throw my name in the hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Xero

1997 just called....they want ALL the "3.16" at the nd of names back

and yes that means you MARKOMAC

back to the point, the whole co-mod thing is dumb and not needed

just because there was a "CO" GM thing in the wwe people get carried away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

If its cool with everyone that are acting like 7 years olds, Id like to get back to the subject in hand, as it does happen to be an important one.

I have been posting here from day one. I signed on to boards so I could specifically post here. Im glad I missed the last few days (due to a huge ordeal in work) because I thought the way it got out of hand it was totally unnessary.

I would like to say again, that I would be privilaged to be the co-mod. As you all know, Im on most of the time, Id like to think Im fair, and as I am soon to be a wrestler in training, I do like to think I know quite alot about Pro Wrestling.

Id never force my ideas on anyone, nor change this board dramitically. Id crack down on bickering, cussing and especially un-wanted spoilers.

This is me putting myself forward, not as a narsisist. Just as a wrestling fan. Take it as you will. But please take it seriously...

Hanza(Dan)

I'm unsure. What I might do is remove the actual mod listing but leave the forum on the ever growing list of ones I keep an eye on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭NinjaBart

Wow, such drama and entertainment, this thread is like its own wrestling story line.

Even grander like an opera...or a musical......

<Wrestling forum>
    I want a Raw
    I want a Nitro
    Reverse tombstones and broken bones
    And a stunner like Stone'...
    Give it to me
    Rrhh rhhh
    Now!

I want a mod
    I want no spoilers
    I wanna demand 'em and 5 seconds later have 'em
    So jump for me Admins
    Give it to me
    Now!

I want it today
    I want it tomorrow
    Or I'll go insane and end up like Kane
    And you'll be to blame!

GIVE IT TO ME NOW!

<Boardsa loompas>

Oompa Loompa doompadee doo
    I've got another puzzle for you
    Oompa Loompa doompadah dee
    If you are wise you will listen to me

What do you do with a whinging little posse
    Pampered and spoiled like Ted DiBiase?
    Blaming admins is a lion of shame
    You know exactly who's to blame:
    The posters in the forum!

Oompa Loompa doompadee dah
    If you're not spoiled then you will go far
    You will live in happiness too
    Like the Oompa Loompa doompadee do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

Originally posted by Xero
    1997 just called....they want ALL the "3.16" at the nd of names back

and yes that means you MARKOMAC

back to the point, the whole co-mod thing is dumb and not needed

just because there was a "CO" GM thing in the wwe people get carried away

erm man why u taking the piss...Ive had this name for years its on every forum i join im not gonna change a habbit cause the times have changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Originally posted by Hanza

I have been posting here from day one. I signed on to boards so I could specifically post here. Im glad I missed the last few days (due to a huge ordeal in work) because I thought the way it got out of hand it was totally unnessary.

Yeah Dan, i found that very coincidental the fact that you had disappeared during this heated debate, in fact, you'd vanished on the day it happened. You didn't miss much, but it was quite significant.

Posting here from day one eh? Funnily enough I was posting for about six months solid from the beginning of August, yet i didn't see one post from you during those first six months, if i recall correctly, i confused you for a newbie. I'm sure i could troll back on the posts and see that for myself... if i really could be bothered.

My point is, take a look in the mirror before you tell the rest of us to stop acting like seven year olds... four worded example: post on GAA board.

Just my 2c worth.
    Nero

• Advertisement

Gentlemen, to be honest this is getting a bit dumb. Who the co mod will be is of no bearing to you. Go about your business and all this will be rectified soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

im just wondering what exactly happened that made everybody so pissed off in the first place

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Originally posted by Hanza
    Id never force my ideas on anyone

I seem to remember having an argument with you when you told someone who liked Goldberg to go read an insider magazine, he is todays ultimate warrior

Doublecrossed myself there indeed. lol, Its very frustrating trying to keep everyone happy. Heres the new deal, dont worry about it and ill sort it out this week.

gar

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    Yeah Dan, i found that very coincidental the fact that you had disappeared during this heated debate, in fact, you'd vanished on the day it happened. You didn't miss much, but it was quite significant.

Posting here from day one eh? Funnily enough I was posting for about six months solid from the beginning of August, yet i didn't see one post from you during those first six months, if i recall correctly, i confused you for a newbie. I'm sure i could troll back on the posts and see that for myself... if i really could be bothered.

My point is, take a look in the mirror before you tell the rest of us to stop acting like seven year olds... four worded example: post on GAA board.

Just my 2c worth.
    Nero

Sorry I dont agree with everything you say Nero. I dont post to make enemies. But you just love making it soooo personal.

Oh, and correct me if Im wrong... wasnt it you that gave me props for apoligising for my wrong doings on the GAA matter. Guess I'll never live that down. Ah well... This isnt the face of someone that cares...

Im not turning this into a fight with Shawn Michaels, I mean HHH, I mean Nero, cos if Im mistaken... you have started more fights here than anyone.

I dont give a sh1t if Im co mod or not. Discussions like this make me wanna just watch wrestling, and not talk about it with people that love to out smart each other.

Oh, I know this will be used as means of furthing nay argument so here, Ill help speed things up....

[ QUOTE ] [ /QUOTE ]
    There, just copy and paste the above.

Enjoy...

Hanza

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Sorry.... This is Hanza, as was the post above...

Forgot to log out... This has nothing to do with Gonzo!

Hanza

Advertisement