Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatever happened to six?

Options
  • 07-04-2004 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was out last night and for some reason the topic of Westlife, Pop stars blah de blah came up.

Just wondering, what happened to 'six' in the end?

Are they still opening shopping centres around the country or are they dead and dusted?

google searches reveal news items about them from 2002 and I did a search in this forum for 'six' and nothin came up.

By the way, I sure as hell am not a fan, just very curious.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

They are in a top secret location working on their new album which, they promise, "will redefine the boundaries of pop music for many years to come" or so it says on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Link for the website please?

Sorry, I couldn't resist, I was taking the piss. Top secret location? Redefine the boundaries of pop? Six? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Well i dont know about the rest of them, but one of them, Andy, is back in college in in DCU. How do i know? He's in my class....im priveledged

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

ask him.

• Advertisement

Yes, yes, ask him if there's still a whole lot of loving going on in his heart or if all the love is gone and now he's just a bitter has-been ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

According to Louis Walsh in "The Phoenix Annual 2003", Six are currently "big in Sweden".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

So are Volvos.

Do you really care? That's one less rubbish group we have to endure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Do you really care? That's one less rubbish group we have to endure.

course i'm glad they're gone, i just want to know how they went. it seemed from the outset louis didnt give them a fighting chance; shite songs, no proper uk launch etc. etc.

i just can't stand the whole manufacture/reality tv combo, its so sickening and just fucks over vulnerable (some would just say thick) teenagers. I want to know what happened to six and why they became an 'unviable entity' when other shite has been made to last at least more than one hit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I killed them all and tried to feed them to the fish but the fish had taste and wouldnt touch them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

apparently boyzone were thinking of firing louis walsh at one stage, at which point he took them outside and opened the boot of his car, revealing a huge pile of boyzone singles. "look lads" he is reported to have said "its your fans" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Expect to see them on some come back tour in six years, miming to the one song they always mimed to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I hate myself for knowing this....

But it's all because of Simon Cowell's popularity on Pop Idol. When that took off he decided Six weren't such a priority afterall.

By the way, Louis Walsh is evil. :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

there's a whole lot of laughing going on, apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

who?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Scary

Official forum

I actually just looked over the sarah keating thread on the forum, and its very scary. i thought they must be very young girls posting, but then one mentioned she has to go to work........... very scary, but very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by L5
    Well i dont know about the rest of them, but one of them, Andy, is back in college in in DCU. How do i know? He's in my class....im priveledged

andrew orr is it? i worked with him about 5 years ago, i didn't hold him in high opinion and this was before all that six stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

That's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

sarah keating is a fox..... six however sucked monkeys balls

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Wow.

They flushed down the toilet pretty quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Ive seen that curly blondie haired one around Limerick the odd time - nice bit of stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Originally posted by krattapopov
    sarah keating is a fox..... six however sucked monkeys balls

And everybody involved knows it, which is why they've disappeared into obscurity. Thank God for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Now dont laugh when ya read this, I moderate the official message board for another "pop sensation" from Ireland. No names. Anyway, today one of the girls on it starts posting that she is talking to Andy Orr on Yahoo messenger and that he reckons he is off to the US soon to star in movies!!!

Now I thought this was bull until I did some research and apparently, Mr Orr is very fond of chatting to old six fans via msn, yahoo and the old six message board.

So in answer to the question, where are six, well one of them is having a great time chatting up 15 year olds

Well you would, wouldn't you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

ha ha - nice one Draupnir!

Advertisement