Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid the movie

Options
  • 07-04-2004 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by smiaras
    Could it be a cinematic masterpiece or the next Mario Bros?

Can't believe you put those two in the same sentance.
    John Woo though, will be worse than Mario Bros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Well, remember when everyone thought that the Gamecube Metroid would turn out to be a huge disaster, then turned out to be a great game in the shape of Metroid Prime? Maybe the same could happen to this...?

Although the House of the Dead, Crazy Taxi, Prince of Persia, and Soul Calibur movies don't sound too promising either...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

House of the Dead is terrible. Saw it in the States last October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by f®eak s©enery
    Although the House of the Dead, Crazy Taxi, Prince of Persia, and Soul Calibur movies don't sound too promising either...
    crazy taxi movie???
    ****ing hollywood execs need to lay off the crack pipe:confused:
    and lets not forget the dungeon seige and alone in the dark movies...

fingers crossed that they don't ruin, imho, the greatest series of games ever with this metroid movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I liked the Mairo Bros movie!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It could only be terrible. Metroid is about being alone and lost on an alien world. The film will more than likely add in a love interest or comedy black sidekick and then it will no longer be Metroid. There aren't many films that have only 1 character for most of the film and I don't think John Woo is the kind of director who can pull a film like that off.

Dont anybody go getting their hopes up. John Woo hasnt made a decant film in years. Every American film hes made has been mediocre at best, gone are the days of Hard Boiled and The Killer. Now are the days of the two Johns, Woo and Travolta.

Originally posted by Darko
    Dont anybody go getting their hopes up. John Woo hasnt made a decant film in years. Every American film hes made has been mediocre at best, gone are the days of Hard Boiled and The Killer. Now are the days of the two Johns, Woo and Travolta.

My thoughts exactly. I draw your attention to "Windtalkers". That was a pure farce of a film. And I can't see them ignoring the sex appeal of Metroid, her slowing losing bits of her suit throughout the film. As was mentioned the game was all about isolation and solidarity. Film someone beating Metroid Prime in its entirity would probably be much more entertaining than this film.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Metroid Prime 100% in 1hr37
    Ive seen it. its entertaining...
    triple bomb jump into mines early - genius!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by rainbow kirby
    Metroid Prime 100% in 1hr37
    Ive seen it. its entertaining...
    triple bomb jump into mines early - genius!

Class. When I get BB next week I'll be definatly taking a look at that. 1 hour though? Holy shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We downloaded this in college and 4 of us sat around watching it and wanting that guys metroid skills!

Advertisement