Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Austin leaving again?

• 07-04-2004 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

As reported, Steve Austin was not at RAW Monday. We now have it on good word that Austin had entered contract negotiations with WWE and last Friday his lawyer met with WWE to discuss a new contract. Austin reportedly wanted more flexibility and more control over angles he is involved in. Vince McMahon wanted absolute control and a piece of Stone Cold’s side action, much like he had during The Rock’s early film career.

From what we’re being told, it seems that Vince simply blew by these demands, wanted to move on in negotiations but Austin’s lawyer took offense and would not let it go. The meeting reportedly ended badly, and as of this report, it appears that Austin is gone from WWE until further notice.
    We have an updated on the Steve Austin-WWE situation.

We have confirmed that Steve Austin was at SmackDown last night near his home in San Antonio, TX. We now know that he and Vince McMahon met before the tapings began, but Austin left soon after. That’s about all we definitely know at this time.

Since then, we have heard that Austin and WWE have begun negotiations again and are discussing a newer deal. WWE wanted to keep control of the “Stone Cold” name, in case Austin decides to branch out in other areas, such as films, WWE will have a piece of the action. This is where things get sketchy; Austin’s new lawyer wants his WWE deal and other projects to be completely separated. This and the control over angles are the two areas that the two sides disagree in.

Both from Rajah.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Xero

OH NO!!! Don't leave us again stone cold!!!

why if YOUR not here who will be the local retired wrestler still clinging on to his

glory days by stunning all the up and coming talent each week just to put over his

big ego.

blah....austins only contribution is coming up with t-shirt ideas for himself and

burying the talent on the roster

his carreer is OVER.....MOVE ON

HBK got over it when he was forced to retire....time for austing to go or if he insists on hanging about, PUT OVER THE TALENT THAT DOES WRESTLE

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

HBK got over it when he was forced to retire

He didnt get over it because he came back to wrestle not so long ago. as for stone cold i dont think he will leave this year I do think that he will leave in the next three or four years or maybe even next year. He was a good wrestler back in the day but now i think it is time to call it a day and let the younger wrestlers take over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

He isnt going things arent as bad as originally feared.

Austin will put talent over, tbh hes doing a good job hes keeping people interested and helping the younger guys. Id take Austin over Triple H anyday of the week.

Im glad to see you people appreciate what Austin done for this business by wanting him to go. Your entitled to your opinion of course just saying I think you should stick by him.

Vince and his money grabbing again.

Soooo......because austin contributed during 97 - 2001 that means he gets free roam

in the wwe to batter the crap out of the talent?

he's not wrestling anymore! he's done! time to put over the people who actually are performing!

even during 98 when austin was on top of the wrestling world he was BORING as hell

every single match....PUNCH, KICK, KICK, WHIP INTO CORNER, STOMPX4, WHIP

AGAINST THE ROPE, LOU THEZ PRESS, KICKX3, PUNCHX2, KICK, STUNNER....BORING.

dont get me wrong, austin as a heel is fantastic, probably the best there ever was

he originally got over being a heel, as a heel he actually wrestled, his match againt

marc mero at king of the ring 96 was a CLASSIC....then he just totally changed to

then in 98 he turned into boring plodding face mode.

right now he's in the same league as the dudleys, crotch chops, mullets, bischoff,

kurt angle, and the mcmahons on tv, stale and/or boring.

*end rant*

How can you call Kurt Angle boring?

I agree Austins matches were all the same, and you may say push talent etc but just look at Brock Lesnar. No point over pushing someone. Austin can give rub to everyone, still remain over and get the person over as well. He's also a leader, probably one of the only reasons why Triple H hasnt took over backstage.

• Advertisement

I can say Kurt Angle is boring because in his role as GM he is. The role was given to

him because he needs to cut back on his in-ring activity. Kurt Angle is a great

wrestler, one of the best, key word WRESTLER, he's good on the mic but he's not in

heymans league for so many reasons. the GM role just isnt good for kurt.

The brock lesnar thing is completly different, you cant just have austin batter

everyone on the roster because the talent that gets pushed might decide to leave.

Your right on one thing, austin CAN give the rub to other wrestlers, but he DOESNT.

he took a chokeslam from Kane on the 6 million dollar neck last year, but instead of

putting kane over as a monster, he came out the following week and slapped the

snot out of him. if he cant find a role that allows him to put over active talent
    (see; MICK FOLEY, ROCK) then he should have no role

Well if Austin does give ther ub then things will turn good, and I agree if he done when The Rock n Mick Foley done then happy days, but remember Triple H crushed everything good The Rock done within a month.

Kurt Angle I agree is no Paul Heyman but at least he is contributing something worthwhile and is earning his money and we all know Kurt will put people over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Austin stole his gimmick from mikey whipwreck and sandman. He hasn't a creative bone in his body... He probably adds no input to his sories and that's why he gets odd(the input he does add is probably crap)

How can you say he doesnt have a creative bone in his body, on the spot he came up with 3.16 and thats the bottom line caue stone cold said so....two of the biggest money spinners WWE(F) ever had. To say he isnt creative is a lie and tbh everyone takes their gimmick from somewhere else. They get an idea and mold around it, its like a band saying o bla de bla were are influences, and low and behold the band have a very similiar style to their influence, does that mean they are not creative?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

piper used to do a segment using the "thats the bottom line" line years before stone cold ever did. i think the segment was actually called bottom line?

im not sure where your getting the mikey whipwreck/sandman statement from. the only similarity i can see with sandman is drinking beer, and that spotfest comes to the ring drinking beer, smoking, eating cheeseburgers etc. thats not his gimmick he just hasnt had time to have lunch backstage :eek:

xero. why do you skip every 2nd line in every post? makes it hard to read

• Advertisement

Ok I stand corrected and thanx for correcting me.

And I gotta ask the same question as whosurpaddy why do u skip lines cause that gets really annoying after a while.

the 3:16 thing was very over and people really got behin d it. id imagine there was an element of slagging off wcw as they were more based in the southern bible belt areas. or maybe i just read too much into it.

on the subject of whether austin puts over young talent enough, its something that ive thought often that he really doesnt do it enough. i personally think its time austin stopped getting so much preferential treatment, i know he was one of the biggest draws in all time (in his day) but thats over now. when mick foley/shawn michaels were commisioners they didnt end every segment they were in by doing their finishers on everyone.

the upside to all this is that anyone austin does put over , looks like a superman. but from what i hear his neck is too trashed to wrestle at all any more, so this needs to be done in segments, not for everyone, but some of the upper midcard heels would get a nice rub by destroying austin every now and again. re: kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Thats true Paddy. His neck is f*cked!
    I like Austin. I dont see what harm he's doing in the Sherriff role!
    In the last 2 months the only thing ive seen him do is take a F5 from Brock and a spear from Goldie!
    He then fueded with Brock over his mini-moterbike thingy.
    I just dont see the harm.

Xero. You need to go on a typin course! You have great spelling but your spacing is mad!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    the 3:16 thing was very over and people really got behin d it. id imagine there was an element of slagging off wcw as they were more based in the southern bible belt areas. or maybe i just read too much into it.

It was more to do with Austin's feud with Jake Roberts. Roberts had a bit of a bible-bashing gimmick going on, and when Austin beat him (at King of the Ring 96 I believe) Austin ran a promo somewhere along the lines of "You talk about your bible and your 3:16s, well Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass" And then the saying just caught on with the fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Ok, Austin doesnt wrestle anymore and it may seem a bit unfair to talent lower down on the card that he still gets to kick ass whenever he "see's fit". But Austin carried that company for so many years and he was the definition of the whole Attitude era we all loved so much. He made Wrestlemania 14, 15 & 17 what they have become today(and a few Rumbles), his feuds with McMahon were legendary and when the whole invasion story came about, everybody just wanted to know if Austin would help the WWF(Remember when he was in one of his local bars and i think it was vince who went bar hopping searching for him, he tried to get him to return and at the end of the show he pulls up in his pick-up, his mucic kicks in and he kicks the crap out of every WCW wrestler in sight).
    Personally, I dont think he really beats down on lower talent anyway, most of the guys he beats down on have been over for years and if he does lay a stunner on some midcarder its because they really deserve it. In recent months ive been loving how funny he can be when he wants, hes definitely got some comedic skills and his timing and delivery is spot on.
    Its just a real shame he cant wrestle anymore, cause id really love just one more 6 month Austin/HHH feud ending at Wrestlemania(they are the two best the business has ever seen, so dont tell me it wouldnt rock just one more time).

The only problem I have/had with him was stunning Renee Dupree every single week! :rolleyes:

Dupree deserved it for doing that f*cking dance!:eek:

Originally posted by Exit
    It was more to do with Austin's feud with Jake Roberts. Roberts had a bit of a bible-bashing gimmick going on, and when Austin beat him (at King of the Ring 96 I believe) Austin ran a promo somewhere along the lines of "You talk about your bible and your 3:16s, well Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass" And then the saying just caught on with the fans.

ye i know that was the reason for the line, i was just saying what i thought was an undertone of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Originally posted by Gillie
    Dupree deserved it for doing that f*cking dance!:eek:

Dupree was acting out his character on RAW and doing it well, Austin stunning him constantly was pointless and just pandered to US xenophobia.

Well at least it made good tv!
    Anyway. Dont blame austin for the Americana bullsh*t without including the Dudleys, JR, Vince, Angle Rock and countless more!
    Austin isn't the only one who shovels that sh*t down our throats!

• Advertisement

It didn't make for good TV though. It was pointless.

Anyway, Dupree's dance is godly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Have to agree with Exit on this one:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

it was the time he undersold kane after the de masking (in that time period not that week) and the time he beet down stiner and test together and this is from a non wrestler its just silly and it made these wrestlers look very week. saying this i still respect what he dose and did for the bisness and at one stage he was the best reasion to watch raw ( around backlash period)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Originally posted by Gillie
    Anyway. Dont blame austin for the Americana bullsh*t without including the Dudleys, JR, Vince, Angle Rock and countless more!
    Austin isn't the only one who shovels that sh*t down our throats!
    Gillie, sorry but if you want to discuss your feelings towards america, please do it on the politics board.

I know some people dislike the verbal Americana in wrestling, but its always been a part of it. Im not saying that you cant say that it anoys you, but I cant let it keep taking over threads, just incase some people get offended by it. Which can very easily happen...

Thanks

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Anyway, Dupree's dance is godly!

Err shouldnt that be ungodly, matches lesnars mexican hat dance for possibly the stupidest move in wrestling

Shin

Originally posted by Hanza
    Gillie, sorry but if you want to discuss your feelings towards america, please do it on the politics board.

I know some people dislike the verbal Americana in wrestling, but its always been a part of it. Im not saying that you cant say that it anoys you, but I cant let it keep taking over threads, just incase some people get offended by it. Which can very easily happen...

Thanks

Hanza

I was responding to a comment another poster made re: Austins actions towards Dupree. (America Vs France)
    I was trying to point out that Austin is not the only one who does this/acts like this.
    I apologise if i phrased it incorrectly.

No problem man, I just have to crack down on EVERYONE that says that stuff. Im not singling you out, nor am I addressing only you.

Thanks
    Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 pissing_razor

the wwe has officially announced that austin has left because both parties could not agree to the terms that austin wanted...all his merchandise has been cut down in price on the shopzone website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

thers word of a austin goldberg match in japan. i faught this means he wont be in dublin

• Advertisement

That match will never happen, and there is no chance Austin will ever wrestle or even take a bump. Its just not gonna happen!

Austin apparently wasnt going to be comming here anyway, so its no great loss. Speaking of whihc does anyone have any news on the Tour of Defiance show here?

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Austin was WWE.

I've watched WWE religiously since WM 3. I've been through the Marty Janetty getting lobbed through a window by Shawn Michaels, I've been through the rise of Austin, the fall of DX, the ladder match between Scott Hall and Shawn Michaels, the ministry of darkness (aka Undertaker & a bunch of clown-shoes). I've seen it all, and stuck with it while other people stoppped watching in it's lows around 93 - early 97.

I've given up on WWE. It's lost so many major talents recently. It's destroyed so many would-be superstars. Brock has gone, Goldberg has gone, Austin has gone. Who have left now but a bunch of second rate entertainers?

Let's face it, WWE is all about entertainment and nobody left on the roster is entertaining, bar "The Hurricane". I say give the Hurricane a push and make him the champ. And while we are on the topic of making changes, I say make HHH the womens champion as he is a little girl anyways.

I say bring Jeff Hardy back so we can watch him plunge off of a 40 foot ladder and scramble his brains. I say bring Brutus the barber beefcake back in a grudge match against Shawn Michaels for breaking the barbershop window.

Changes are needed.

Viscera.. Well he is fat.

I've given up on WWE. It's lost so many major talents recently. It's destroyed so many would-be superstars. Brock has gone, Goldberg has gone, Austin has gone. Who have left now but a bunch of second rate entertainers?
    Thats a very biast opinion IMO. Benoit, Shawn Michaels, Matt Hardy, Rey Mysterio, Trish Stratus, Jericho, Eddie Gurrerio, Christian, Edge, and Cena, they are all second rate then are they? I think not...
    I say bring Jeff Hardy back so we can watch him plunge off of a 40 foot ladder and scramble his brains.
    As much as I would love to see Jeff back, I doubt it will happen soon, dispite the rumours. Plus, there were never any 40 foot ladder :) and he wont be jumping off anything higher then a term buckle due to his messed up back, pelvis and elbows.
    Austin was WWE.
    No one man is bigger then WWE. Austin was not WWE, Hogan was not WWE, Bret Hart was not WWE, Lesner was not WWE, Goldberg was not WWE, no one is, was nor ever will be.

Hanza

Advertisement