Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer, any way back?

Options
  • 07-04-2004 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks,

I got banned from the Soccer forum by gandalf, apparently for personal insults although I never once made a personal insult. Although I do admit I was a bit over zealous with the "Im so happy Chelsea beat Arsenal" comments.

Anywho, I was wondering if I could possibly get access again. Ill make it my business not to go over the top again.

Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

you're probably only banned for a week. pm gandalf in a week asking for access back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah, henry_14 will have turned of the comp, and wheres kaids, stick that up your bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I don't want a 3 week ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

im banned for a week <o/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Yeah I pm'd him but he aint replied yet.

Henry 14, that was a comment in jest. I didnt think anyone would be too bothered by it. I always avoid boards when United lose and the last bit was a testament to my hero Roy Keane and his Saipan antics. Known of it was meant to cause personal offence.

• Advertisement

What you banned for Samurai? He just told me Banned from Soccer for Personal Insults

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I was banned for personal insults too.

Called someone an idiot :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Draupnir
    Yeah I pm'd him but he aint replied yet.

Henry 14, that was a comment in jest. I didnt think anyone would be too bothered by it. I always avoid boards when United lose and the last bit was a testament to my hero Roy Keane and his Saipan antics. Known of it was meant to cause personal offence.

Don't say I didn't tell you.

fair play recklessone, ya called it well. Bit harsh i reckon, oh well, was kinda worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by DRakE

and my post was'nt even a serious one
    but u did hurt my feelings :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

As you have gone public my response will be here in this thread.

Your banned for a week. I didn't get back to your PM as I have a thing called a job that is a far more productive use of my time than explaining that personal insults are not tolerated in soccer at all. Be they in jest or not and especially because of the absolute crap that has gone on there in the recent past.

Someone complained about your post and action was taken. PM me in a week and your access will be restored.

I am not explaining myself to you any further but if you have a problem with this take it to the admins.

As for your assertation that someone fired an insult at you did you report this at all using the link at the side of the post? Cause I do not remember you doing so.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Hey how about gandalf calming down with the whole school principal thing, jesus this place is becoming a ****ing nunnery.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

giblet, do you read the soccer board at all by any chance?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Giblet feels the place is becoming too strict. I think his answer to the increased strictness is to not increase the strictness or even lessen the strictness. However, his posts on the subject are usually very short and a bit cryptic so I can't be sure.

No worries, cheers for the reply anyway. I didnt report the post i got slagged off in. I found it amusing to be honest. I dont get upset by text.

Speak to you in a week gandalf, kaids and all my other soccer chums.

Originally posted by kaids
    giblet, do you read the soccer board at all by any chance?

Yes I do, and it's no different to what i'd expect from a soccer forum, which kind of makes sense, as its a soccer forum...funny that.

And yes ecksor thats what I mean, even though I have stated it in stupidly long posts before, it's seems to have an effect If I decide to berate someone whilst making a "cryptic" point.

Originally posted by Giblet
    And yes ecksor thats what I mean, even though I have stated it in stupidly long posts before, it's seems to have an effect If I decide to berate someone whilst making a "cryptic" point.

Effect?

Well your responding aren't you, rather than gleaming over it, listening to other important "posts" by people who have sticks in their arses.

"What to do with boards.ie" well I say let people who have passed a test in, and they have to be my mates, or else they are obviously muppets, because only my mates aren't muppets.

Only a matter of time.

My response doesn't imply effect.

Gleaming?

You're still being cryptic, are you implying favouritism or cliquishness in your post?

No, simply, just calm the **** down, everyone.

What next, banned for have four stars in your post, because it implys swearing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Originally posted by DRakE

hypotheticaly speaking, if I were to call you an idiot here would ecksor ban me from Mod for a week? :p

Originally posted by Giblet
    No, simply, just calm the **** down, everyone.

I was expecting something more ... revolutionary.

Nah maybe it would be too cryptic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Hey fun boys get a room ffs :)

Advertisement