Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deportivo-Milan Game (scores) - Merged

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

yea thats easy to say
    but who are the world class teams in the world today occording to you?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Unexpected
    How does that put it into perspective? It doesn't.
    It rightly shows that Arsenal losing to Chelsea isn't that big a deal. This is the year that a Spanish team became the first in history to overturn a 3 goal deficit from the first leg, doing so rather emphatically 4-0 against the all conquering European champions Milan. Monaco turning around a 2 goal deficit to knock out the mighty Real Madrid is bigger too.

These things happen in football, personally I think that Arsenal's defeat being insignificant in Europe and only being remembered in a British context will be comforting to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

Unexpected could you take that whining somewhere else? You're sounding like Dunphy. This for me makes it a much better year, not a "non-vintage year" as that moron Dunphy said :rolleyes: Honestly, I don't know why anyone is upset about having surprises.

p.s. I hope Monaco thrash Chelsea and win the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I hate Monaco, my most hated of teams.

Out of the teams look at who has had the best results:

Chelsea beat Arsenal(arguably one of the best sides to been seen in England in a long time)

Porto beat Lyon(nothing amazing, their beating of Man United was also nothing special as Man United were just that ****)

Deportivo beat Milan(While they won 5-4 on aggerate, they show'd their vulnerability in the first match, and will really really have to rise to the chalange)

Monaco beat Real(they beat 11 attackers :) How solid is their attack really?)

I think Chelsea can do it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

being a world class side, is when the side can stop any other team in the world from playing football, home or away, champions league or domestically. milan clearly arnt all the way there yet!

this only proves my point of this champo league being like the 2002 world cup, in the fact that most of the big guns are out, and anyone could win it!!!

chelsea have won EVERY away game in the champions league, and on that form, who would deny them of winning the champions league?!?!

super game, what a fecked up 2 days in world football!! but i enjoyed it so who cares!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Originally posted by Unexpected
    With all these quality teams(excluding Arsenal) out of the CL, not making it as exciting as is expected.

Arsenal r an excellent team.

I think Chelsea SHOULD go on and win it, their big threat is Deportivo who I have always thought r an outstanding team. And I hope Chelsea win it for Claudio, he is out of this world, u could c how he loves Chelsea and the game when he started to cry. I have the utmost respect for him and deserves to stay at Chelsea even if they win nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Unexpected

Originally posted by Gangsta
    Arsenal r an excellent team.

In England ye. Not in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 SanFranMan

quote:
    Originally posted by syke
    Oh god... you went for the whole "I know you are but what am I retort"

I expected better, even from you...

I,ll leave it at that and let those that want to talk abot the match continue.

Great game
    Congrats Derpo

Thats a wise move Muppet.
    Depor were superb. Nobody saw that coming. Its great to have some fresh names in the semis, and each of those teams look like they can score multiple goals on their day, it could finally be an exciting final this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

I really wish every thread (including one about 2 foreign teams) didn't have to get sidetracked.

Well done Depor. I was very neutral on this one in that I really couldn't give a toss who won but I'm glad to say that tonights match was evidence of why we love football - its shear unpredictability.

Monaco, Chelsea, Porto and Depor - who'd have bet that quartet to be in the semis?

Even when the quarters were drawn I think the only side you might fancy to be in there would be Porto, and even thats questionable.

Good luck to whoever wins it this year cause they'll never have a chance like it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by SanFranMan
    quote:

Thats a wise move Muppet.
    [Rant]
    Indeed, It ia amusing how some of the most vociferous in complaining about the demise in standard of posts on this forum are the first to flamebiat. Fortunately they are not very good at and and most of us can see right through them.

Posted By Nightstrike

I really wish every thread (including one about 2 foreign teams) didn't have to get sidetracked.

Agreed ,There were already enough threads on arsenal going out of the CL without this one turning into some sort of flawed jutification for their demise.

[/Rant]

Hard to see who is going to win it now but Porto must be on a major up after that comeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Another great night of European football!!

What a display from Depor, but I have to say that I don't believe it was just down to Depor's closing down of Milan ... Milan resembled both Arsenal and United last night ... they just looked like they ran out of ideas & gave up! But that doesn't take away from the fantastic football played by Depor.

Ah well, Chelsea will probably never have a better chance of winning the Champs league than they have now ... You Can Do it, Do it for Ranners :D:D

Wonder what the odds were on AC Milan, Real Madrid and Arsenal of going out in the Quarters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DUX

Pandiani..... Valeron.......... Luque....... Fran ........4-0 AC Milan go home :D:D

I am a happy man today, ask me anything.....

Forza Juve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Great game for depor lastg night, think milan took there lead for granted when to be honest after the first leg I thought depor were harshly done by going 4-1 down. I thought milan had played well for about 30/35 mins where they got some amazing goals. Depors Home form this year has been amazing, dont think they have lost a game yet. Likewise chelseas away form, they have won every game away from home. I thought uefa usually fixed these quaters & semi's so the big teams stay in? Must have underestimated last years uefa cup winners....The teams left are left because they have beaten the supposidly best teams in the competetition. They deserve their place. Like to see monaco do it.

john

Just gonna add: Depor havent conceded a goal at home yet. If that doesnt say something about there quality at the back I dont know what does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Unbelievable.

I don't see how anyone could have thought that Arsenal, Madrid and Milan would all have gone out at this stage. I mean Arsenal only had the single away goal lead, Madrid were 2 goals up going into the game but we all know their dodgy defense but Milan???
    It almost looks like it should be the semi-finals of the Uefa and not the CL, lets see how Chelski cope with a bit of pressure now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Originally posted by mr_angry
    ...The fact is, there was NOTHING Milan could do against that performance - absolutely nothing.

Maybe if Milan decided to play with 5 midfielders, heck 4 would be good too. Instead they had 3 midfielders and 3 very attacking players that caused them to lose every midfield tussle and allow depor to dominate the game from start to finish.

That said, well done Depor! :D Chelsea for the title!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Milans tactics from the start were bad. They should have played 4-5-1 and killed the game. They had a error margin of 2 goals. Instead they went there to have a go at them, bad idea against a team that just watched Monaco defy the odds and had belief in themselves beccause they overhauled a 3 goal magin before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

And hadn't conceded at home in the competition.

I know it has been mentioned before but it is an amazing statistic and means that if you can nick an away goal you will be well positioned taking teams back to your ground.

Advertisement