Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nam weapons.

Options
  • 07-04-2004 8:45pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

To me guys the M60,RVP [correct name?],CAR15,M16,Ak are all far too easy to kill with.
    Only the rifles give any sort of challenge to infantry.
    Every other gun feels too arcadey and easy to kill with,and little recoil.
    Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

kinda. I think we all agree the M60 is a superduperkillinmachine and as for the rest, they seem to be, but it beats the hell of bursting into a room of 3 or 4 enemys on bf42, laying a whole clip at them and hitting nothing, I always got fustrated at that! maybe some of them could be tamed down, I love th eRPD and its def not as effective as the 60 but its still a killin machine, the car15 too I have been dabbling with and it fires so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

most modern weapons are pretty accurate, lightweight and if used correctly in burst fire don't have massive amounts of recoil. weapons in ww2 were inaccurate, heavy and had lots of recoil.

i agree tho that the M60 should have a large dose of recoil added ... unless deployed/prone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Cohiba

I played as a sniper today for the first time, and noticed that although there's a decent amount of recoil on the sniper rifles, the crosshairs always spring back to exactly where they were before you took your shot... Makes it too easy to rack up a few kills....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The grass is wot kills most of them.

Whilst lying in the grass, with an M16, I was trying to take a post. When they spawned, I'd shoot one, and they'd shoot the other...

By the time I got the flag, I had killed 3 people, and caused about 5 TK's (other people shot their own team-mates, thinking they were shooting them; I was hidden).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Isnt that just touching a bit on spawn camping?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

no its fair game, he was trying to take the flag and they spawned whats he gonna do, let them get there bearings for one of them to run around and knife em in the back? they'd know as soon as they spawn some one is in the base because of the flag counter.

and if they are having trouble shooting there own people they should use the q button

Advertisement