Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

92.1 Phantom FM on air Saturday, Sunday and Monday this weekend!

Options
  • 07-04-2004 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Good news! 92.1 Phantom FM will be on all day this weekend including Easter Monday (April 12) so you can rock through the weekend will your favourite tunes! Standby for details of in-studio guests and see below for details of our Korn Meet'n'Greet competition!

On Sunday, Ger Roe marks the 40th anniversary of Radio Caroline, the famous offshore pirate radio station, with a special edition of Media Beacon (1300-1400hrs). Tune in to hear archive recordings, interviews and a live link up with the current Radio Caroline satellite service. On monday, Steve Conway marks the event musically at 6pm.

On Monday night at 10pm, I will be playing two hours of classic Irish rock. I have a heap of scratchy vinyl ready, but let me know if theres anything you would like to hear.

We'll also keep you informed with our own news service every hour on the hour between 0900 and 1800 on Saturday and Sunday.

We'll be on air every weekend from midnight Friday until midnight Sunday right through until June 27th. You can also listen live in-line and our web broadcasts are always 24/7.Don't forget the new frequency - 92.1 FM! Tell your friends Phantom FM is back!

Regards,

Pete Reed
    92.1 Phantom FM
    reed@phantomfm.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭christi

This Canadian will be listening :) even when asleep.... So no heavy stuff please, don't need to be dreaming anything to the sounds of Disturbed!

Hmmm Irish bands... Something I'd like to hear - well, yes as a matter of fact I'd love to hear anything by "The Frames" (oh don't bitch at me board...I like them...piss off!) And If you don't play them... you sooooooooooooooo know that I'll ring the station again ;)

Congratulations on the extra broadcast day! Now if only that could last for.... oh say, another 351 days or so that would be bloody brilliant!

ps* Heard from the publisher, "Sangui Suga" is in text production - haven't a clue of course what that means exactly but safe to say that it's one step closer to being on bookstore shelves!

Thanks for the Great News Pete

I'll be listening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SolidSnake

yay!good work phantom wooo! keep it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I will be playing two hours of classic Irish rock. I have a heap of scratchy vinyl ready, but let me know if theres anything you would like to hear.
    Any chance of some Fatima Mansions rarly hear them on phantom have 2 of their albums but am a bit smashed to order their orthers online so id like to hear some of their earlier stuff.
    and of course the likes of
    Whipping Boy
    Stiff Little Fingers
    My Bloody Valintine
    Therapy
    Thin Lizzy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Wuhoo the reception on 92.1 is perfect out in Maynooth. Sweeet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SolidSnake

its good here 2

• Advertisement
Advertisement