Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

0-60 in 3.2 seconds....

Options
  • 08-04-2004 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

Caterham release the R500:

Engine
    4 cylinder 1998cc MG Rover K Series, prepared by Minister Racing Engines
    • Power: 250bhp at 8000rpm
    • Torque: 190lb ft at 4000rpm
    • Power to Weight: 530bhp per tonne
    • Top Speed: 150mph
    • 0-60mph: 3.2secs
    • Length: 3100mm
    • Width: 1575mm
    • Height: 800mm
    • Wheelbase: 2225mm
    • Weight: 470kg

<edit>
    The actual model released is the Superlight R500 evolution at a stonking £42000 on the road...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Savage spec !, about £25k I'd imagine though . . . . . .

OR you could buy my 1200cc Suzuki Bandit, it'll do 0-60 in 3.1, 0-100 in about 7 and 165MPH in top. All for the bargain price of 6300 euro :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

You are joking aren't you? With the gearing on a standard B12 you'll be lucky to see a true 135mph (145 on the clock). What have you done to yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

huh? the R500s not exactly new... its been around for several years... I'd buy one but they're a tad bit uncomfortable if you're over 6ft (wheras the Caterham SV is much nicer) :)

Who said it was standard :-) Mine has 3 teeth up on the rear sprocket, a quality Stage1 kit. (Holestage US). and has been dyno'd at 118bhp at the rear wheel.

http://tinyurl.com/2jk35 (might have to be a member to view this)

It'll pull to redline and was off the clock (clocked for 165) (still felt like it was accelerating too) while on the Autobahn (no really) last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Nice one. My ZX9R on stock tune & gearing pulled a true 170mph. Stage 1 needles, K&N and a LeoVince slip-on delivers 134Bhp. Not sure if I'll bother going any further as it's quite rideable in current tune.

• Advertisement

Niiiiiice. Yeah I've considered a turbo, but its a lota cash and also NOS (as I've easy access to refils) but thats not really an option for a long distance machine. I'd want useable power but still be civilised around town.

The solution . . . . . GSXR1000 or I may slum it and get a 02' R1 :D

Advertisement