Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P4 Air cooling

Options
  • 08-04-2004 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for suggestions on aircooling for a P4 2.53Ghz which i want to mess around with overclocking. i wanna get somethin good while i'm at it!!

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

I have a 2.8c p4 and its at 3.2ghz using a stock cooler rarely goes above 39c and its left on for a long time each day btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

try the cooler master jet 7 for the p4, its quiet good, i use it for my xp3000

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Are you bothered about noise, Gryzor?

If so, I'd recommend the Zalman 7000 series

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Originally posted by unkel
    I'd recommend the Zalman 7000 series

Yep. Having just gotten one of these I'd second that. It's the biz. Just check it fits on your mobo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Try here.... http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/cnps7000a-478_motherboard_list.html , for a list of motherboards that have problems with the Zalman7000.

Id recomend getting the AlCu (cheaper model) as the performance difference isint big between the two models. Its a very good cooler and nice and easy on the ears.

www.hitide.ie should have them in stock.

Theres also the thermalright heatsinks which are fantastic coolers also, you add your own fan so you deside what noise level , CFM etc..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

as said before you can overclock a bit with p4's on stock cooling
    i have a 2.4 @ 3 no problem with stock cooling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by magick
    try the cooler master jet 7 for the p4, its quiet good, i use it for my xp3000

i'd recommend this over the jet 7 and don't mind the fact that its not the pure copper version the almost doubling of the price for the copper version gives little if any peformance increase

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=120133&cks=PRL

i second loki's thermalright suggestion if you have the cash, i think the high end version for p4's is the sp-94. however though you have a 533mhz p4 which afaik don't overclock as well as the 800mhz variants so it might not be worth your while forking out for a 70 euro cooling set up when you'll probably achieve similar results for the one for 20

Advertisement