Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New HL2 Binks!

Options
  • 08-04-2004 1:59pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Psyche
    Coastline
    Striders

They're links to crappy FilePlanet so you'll need to register to download.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Love those striders....

These clips were all shown as part of the ~600 meg E3 HL2 video, so ignore if you've already seen that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Except that these are the high res versions of the E3 video. So if you want to actually see the videos without the crapness of the camcorder version, don't "ignore" them.

There was nothing camcorder about the video I saw, you must've seen a different one.

I've seen pretty much all of them. There was no direct feed from the screen at the e3 show which is why you can hear the audience talking about spread sheets and 486's.

Maybe I remembered it wrong then, I'll have to check the CD I burnt when I go home. Still, you got my hopes up with the "new HL2 binks", I was hoping to see some new footage and not the same year-old clips!

• Advertisement

Well, they are new. They were released this morning. If they were new footage, I would have said "New HL2 Footage" but I did not. And the 600 meg file is quite washed out. I just checked it again to make sure and it does seem to be a camcorder on a tripod looking at a large(ish) screen.

....meh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Doesnt it annoy anyone else that Valve are still rolling out tired old footage from last year? How bout they give us an idea of what they have been doing since the "incident"?

Matt

E3 will be the big one. They've booked an entire stand this time and there's a lot of people expecting Valve to announce that HL2 has gone gold at that stage. They seem to be gearing up to a launch imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

these new videos are part of the czero retail package aswell

they're brilliant though a year old or not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The quality of the vids are good. Thanks for the link.

Waiting for this game is getting harder and harder.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

next month's PcZone has a preview of it. they play get to play test it and bring a load of new screenshots. i'm happy to wait as long as necessary.

it better not be long though.

Methinks the launch wheels are in motion.......

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by Kiith
    next month's PcZone has a preview of it. they play get to play test it and bring a load of new screenshots. i'm happy to wait as long as necessary.

it better not be long though.

tbh i have a sub to pczone and the last time they said exclusive on their cover "LOADS MORE HL2 SHOTS INSIDE"

found out i saw all of them before except three of them

don't get me wrong i'm so excited about this game.

if you've see the gman facial expression movie you just need three words to describe it.

" oh my god "

"We've been expecting you Mr.Freeman"

his eyes look so round and perfect and lush.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

...and my pockets are not even nearly able to fund a hl2 capable pc...

damn their oily hides

Get the new XSI tutorial videos. If you're any sort of geek, you will go oh my god at the coolness of the tools.

Advertisement