Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shef Wed

• 08-04-2004 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Anyone support Sheffield Wednesday?? was wondering wat u tink on this whole Ken Bates saga?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Im not a sheff wed fan, thank god. I think bates will be/would be good for wednesday, he got a fair bit of cash from the russian deal and could invest a little in the club. Once he gets his program notes i sure he will be ahppy enough.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'm fond of them but I've lost track of them somewhat since they went out of the premiership.

Regardless of what Bates does, they can't do much worse. 14th in Division 2 for a team like Wednesday is ridiculous. They need to sort out their debts and start getting promoted, if Bates can help them out financially then I reckon it'll be good for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Followed wednesday Since 1990.....years of hardship of the last while....prob with Bates is that when he takes over he wants to sack Turner the manager......when he is only now starting to fix up the mess made of the club from previous managers......for the last few years they have had one a season.......

They r still one of the biggest clubs in england

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Originally posted by neilbrady79

They r still one of the biggest clubs in england

dont be silly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

For a mid table division 2 team they still get comparably huge attendance. Thier average home attendance this season is over 22,000 ( linkage ), thats up thier with the lower premiership sides. So the support is still there anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Bates is a high profile Media figure so for getting a media attention for the club he will be good. As a chairman he is a controversial figure who allegedly had Chelsea in nearly the same financial position as Leeds before the Russian buy out . I suppose considering the position the club is in he can hardly do much harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Helix they are still classed as one of the biggest teams.....r u saying when Man City was in the 2nd division they suddenly became a smaller supported team??????????? dont tink so mate!!!

Not sure about Bates......he is a high profile figure but a bit of a tyrant as a Chairman!! as you said the poisition the club are in we do need major investment seeing as for the last 2-3 season we have been trying to sell training ground to raise 10mil....at the moment 29 or somethin mil in dept and will lose another 10 over the next 2 years before they can balance the books...

Well at least we can say is that we r not as bad as Leeds....hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

I always had a soft spot for Wednesday. I would love to see them back in the premiership but their financial situation is looks bad. Bates will do a good job just like he did with Chelsea but It will be difficult to get them promoted to Premier league.

If I was a billionaire like Abramovich I wopuld make them my pet project. It would be much more fun than buying a club that was already in the Champions league. How good would it be to bring a sleeping giant into the Cham,pions league.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by AthAnRi
    I always had a soft spot for Wednesday. I would love to see them back in the premiership but their financial situation is looks bad. Bates will do a good job just like he did with Chelsea but It will be difficult to get them promoted to Premier league.

If I was a billionaire like Abramovich I wopuld make them my pet project. It would be much more fun than buying a club that was already in the Champions league. How good would it be to bring a sleeping giant into the Cham,pions league.
    /me loads up CM

Advertisement