Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter break

Options
  • 08-04-2004 3:37pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How are people finding it? Study wise. I have a plan worked out which I'm half assed stickin to.

After these two weeks, we have like six weeks of school, and then it all begins. I keep having to remind myself of that in hope that I study harder. Eight weeks like.

:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

i'm working all through easter. not as bad for study as it sounds, seeing as its an architects office, they're showing me how to use CAD and it'll be good to shove in the ole' Portfolio :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

i havent opened a book this year so far....and i dont intend to....
    im really lazy..........

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Originally posted by Barbie_666
    i havent opened a book this year so far....and i dont intend to....
    im really lazy..........

your a girl after my own heart!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yeah about that...anybody got any suggestions, advice or pointersor study tips or something casue im just drawing blanks here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Went to the institute, wasn't bad. Only needed it because my maths teacher was so dense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Doing about 2-3ish hours a day this week and then doing maths and physics in the Institute next week. Hope it's enough :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

can anyone be bothered to but up a link to any geog notes from the institude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Done nothing all week at home. Doing a Julie Kilmartin course in Ennis and Limerick this weekend and next.

Had French yesterday and Construction today. French wasn't great, whereas construction was brilliant.

Might head into supervised study in school Tuesday and Wednesday, but back in this Revision course from next Thursday til Saturday.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Yeah, its not as easy as it would seem to do stuff.

I will next week. I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Originally posted by PrecariousNuts
    Only needed it because my maths teacher was so dense.

Quoted for truth.

Anyway, I've being doing a bit, about 2-3 hours a day...nothing insane though really. Perhaps I'll do some marathon style stuff on the second week. Since this is pretty much the last break we have before the exams you shouldn't be beating yourself up if you don't get much done, I mean everyone has just spent the last 2-3 weeks getting pent up about the orals and you should at least be giving yourself a bit of time off without beating yourself up because you haven't spent all day studying. I still believe firmly in quality over quantity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Attended the revision course this week, gonna sleep all tomorrow. then probably touch up my hist special topic and do a good bit of biology.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I've done 3 chapters of physics so far; don't want to over-burden myself.

3 chapters... total?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Since the start of the easter holidays...yes 3 in total. Oh and I did some biology exam questions we got as homework.

I've managed to do all the first few easy chapters 1- 9 or something, the two circular motion ones, the wave and light ones, all modern science and I'm getting started on the magnetism 3. I kinda dislike electricity so I'm leaving that for last.

Bio = genetics, breathing, nutrition digestive system etc, blood, heart, homeostatsis and all the rest of section 2.

Plenty of chemo too, god I'm such a nerd... bring on the leaving cert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Oakbark

I've been doing 2-3 hours every day, usually from 11 until 2 in the afternoon.
    I've been doing maths homework Monday Tuesday, Geography Wed, Thurs, Friday.

Next week, I'll spend Monday/Tues doing English, Wednesday doing Irish, and the others on Thurs/Fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

had a revision course this week, but didn't touch anything apart from that....

I bleedin hate this study ****e. Totally wreckin my easter buzz.

Ah ****e! Theyre after puttin stars over my ****e!
    Feckin ****ehawks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

I was assigned loads of work to do over the easter break.

Let me put it this way, I dont know where my schoolbag is. I left it at the frontdoor on friday the 2nd, and I haven't a ****in clue where it is now.

And I dont intend going looking for it untill 8:50 next monday...

• Advertisement

That's the spirit, see you at the institute next year.

Hey that's a moderator of the Irish Jedi Council that you're talking to. He has everything under control, laffo.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Yeah I know I should, but I'm not.

Someone MAKE ME!

ONly 30* days of education left. Then two weeks before it ALL STARTS.

*6 weeks, 5 school days a week, 6X5=30!!!!

hold me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Originally posted by jesjes

ONly 30* days of education left. Then two weeks before it ALL STARTS.

Think positively. 10 weeks 'til it's all OVER. :D

Originally posted by Roller Toaster
    hold me

Only if you hold me.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

I'm in the exact same postition as Ryo. My problem was the mocks. Instead of scaring me they've lulled me into a false sense of security. I did feck all study and still got 460!! That's with one of my good subjects, applied maths, still to come back. That should bring it up by 10-15. And the course I'm going for is Commerce at UCD which last year was.....................460!!

Advertisement