Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Easter! Now, can I pick your brain?

Options
  • 08-04-2004 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Enjoying a glimpse into the dark thoughts that often make up the human mind....

Tell me, of the seven deadly sins...

*Gluttony
    *Lust
    *Envy
    *Sloth
    *Wrath
    *Pride
    *and Greed....

Which one have you been the most guilty of and why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SolidSnake

lol whats up with this port christi!lol!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Groovy Mover

Gluttony definitely - I'm a big pig!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Glutony
    I ate 14 profiteroles once.. a mighty achievment but it was after a starter and main course. I challenge somebody to a profiterole eating thingy.. mmmm.. profiteroles....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭hippu

right now its probably sloth for me what with the school holidays n'all
    just staying inside all day in my room, emerging periodically to eat and go on the computer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Lust...

But I can't tell you why :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

i would have to say lust.

but since my bf is a frequenter of this forum i shall also abstain from explaining to you why...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SolidSnake

i dont have but revenge i always get my own back 1 way or another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

can i be more than 1?
    sloth cos, well, i'm a student, it's pretty self explanatory really..
    gluttony cos i eat more than the rest of my family put together. and i mean going back 3 or 4 generations family. and we're devout catholic, that's gotta be at least 1000 people..
    lust but agai i can't tell why cos my wife comes in here on occasion. she'll cry, i won't get any for weeks, it'll be bad all round..
    envy cos i wanted those profiteroles dammit..

that is my life in a sad, see-through shell..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Steve Conway

It used to be wrath when I was younger (I was terrible for burning my bridges) but now I eat my words, making me a glutton I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭christi

Am loving this little glimpse into the human mind :)

Keep the replies coming... very interesting to read.

Although thus far I have one question: What are those profiteroll-thingies that so many of you seem to be going on about? No, I am not stupid... Just Canadian and I'm not allowed out much ;) I bite!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

profiterolls are small pastry things with cream inside them...

as i start my second cottage pie i'd have to go for lust as the one i'm most guilty of... and yes its in relation to my food! i'll explain when youu other people guilty of lust explain!:D

really though i'm fairly glutonous (i'm sure thats a word but i'm too lazy to find out <sloth>)...

also i'm quite envious of people for too many reasons to start writing down!

that is all.

Well the main reason I'm keeping shtum is the ages of some of the sprogs who frequent this board.

of course, the sprogs! how could i forget the sprogs?

won't sombody please think of the sprogs!?!?!

That's what I was doing!!!

Sheesh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

all of the above

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Originally posted by Kurdt
    profiterolls are small pastry things with cream inside them...

how dare you underate profitereoles so much.. you forgot the chocolate...

http://images.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=sfondi.10ts.com/profiteroles.jpg&imgrefurl=http://sfondi.10ts.com/ricette.html&h=278&w=278&sz=13&tbnid=CO3G7LNC0WMJ:&tbnh=109&tbnw=109&prev=/images%3Fq%3DProfiteroles%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26sa%

Oh christi...if u ever come to ireland we can have a profiteroles eating contest!

i'm sorry:(

i blame my laziness!

damn sins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Wrath....

not all the time mind you..... but when i go mad not a lot can stop me... except Mewzel or people that are much bigger then me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Originally posted by Tyrrial
    Wrath....

not all the time mind you..... but when i go mad not a lot can stop me
    Yep I'd be the same. But a certain amount of pride comes into that too.

Since you've thus far been relatively open regarding your "sinnin'" then so shall I!

Gluttony: This is not a sin that I suffer from on the most part... But then again, I do have a sick kind of love for Guinness, Smithwick's, and Ketchup crisps; and being only 106 pounds - I tend to indulge in those every chance I can get!

Lust: Well those who know me know that I am a pretty lusty person and slighly twisted - but that's not a sin ;) And I have to say the "lust" comes in handly when I need to be creative - oh I am talking about my writing! After all I write about preternatural nightsuckers who are tortured by both their lust for blood and the life that they live... so I's gotta know about me lust ;)

Envy: This is a no for me... I've never envied someone... But I do envy "you" for the beautiful country in which you live... - yes I mean Ireland!

Sloth: Nope to this one as well; I'm a morning person and have seldom if ever been lazy - some people hate this about me :) and if I can do ten things all at the same time then i try to do it all and make whatever that I'm doing perfect. ps* Haven't slept in t'il past 7am in over 12 years!*

Wrath: Very acquianted with this one. I have what you call a sharp tongue and I tend to go for the emotional juggular all the time. Like a volcano, I take and take, until I can take no more... and then - well, let's just say it's not pretty.

Pride: Don't know about this one... I'm really proud about the book I've written and hope that it's successful... not because I want fame or fortune (well yeah okay just a little) but because I just want to write really good books that people will enjoy and want to follow.

Greed: There are certain things and people that I am greedy about - yes, but not sure if that's really a sin as it hurts no one.... at least it hasn't yet ;)

Ps* Yes, when i do get to Ireland we will do the profiteroll eating contest & of course get all the people from the chat together and go on the longest pub crawl ever! Ohhhhh the station can broadcast the "hurling" - and by that I mean "vomitting" - have a contest; the quietest puker, the loudest, the fartherest projectile barf :)

Happy Easter everyone

ps* I killed and eat the easter bunny for breakfast :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭trent_derby

Lust, (see not the 2 petes post)
    And i am not weird!!!
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 catgirl

butterfly, how dare you say that of your wife, she's been so good to you. ;)

on the continenet they put custard into profitaroles. it's yummy.

i would have to say gluttony, i do love my food. and being half belgian i love my chocolate, mmmmm, chocolate...........

Thanks a bunch for all of your replies :)

I love taking a wee peek into peoples brains....

Hmmmm, horniness and pigginess seem to be the winners.... And that's gotta be better than Greed, Pride, and Wrath...

so Woooo Hooooo ya bunch of horny pigs :)

Advertisement