Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuppid W32.Sober.F@mm virus

Options
  • 08-04-2004 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

is it just me or is this virus going round at the moment?

cant even count on 2 hands how many times norton has detected it in e-mails send to me this week alone.

it doing my head in!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

As of April 4, 2004, due to an increase in submission rate, Symantec Security Response has upgraded this threat to a Category 3 from a Category 2 rating.
    So I guess yes. Though it's still Netsky and Dumaru that I keep receiving. When will people learn?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Just noticed that most of them are coming from esatclear addresses which i also have

how many catogary's are there? 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Yup, five of 'em.

The addresses could well be spoofed. The only way to know is look at the headers and see where they originated from, from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

all i can say is thank god for nod 32, that anti virus programme is the best out there, got the sober.f virus through on an e-mail from an eircom administrator account, nod32 had it quarantined and deleted before it knew where it was

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Ok now its really pissing me of, i just got it 2 more times once from my own e-mail address!!! what the F**k!

jozi

• Advertisement
Advertisement