Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KOTOR on the xbox problems

Options
  • 08-04-2004 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭

Just bought Knights of the old republic there, and it wont go past the "made by bioware" screen. Dont know why.
    Its not a one off problem either, i bought a copy once already, had this problem, returned it cus i thought it was faulty, and this brand new, sealed copy is doing it as well.
    My xbox seems to load up other games grand.

Any reason it'd be doing this?
    will i have to replace my xbox?
    what kinda bastarding god would let this happen?

Neil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Man thats weird. Never heard anything like that before. Dunno what you could do. Replacement might be your only option :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Its now been an hour. and its STILL on the same screen. x-boxes have a year long warranty right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

yeah think you get a year with the recipt

but before you do....

try deleting from the memory any corrupt or unknowen saved games, i had the similar problem with project gotham racing

what kinda bastarding god would let this happen?

its not the first time i heard bill gates being called a god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

*vaguely similar topic*

Can anyone give me any tips on beating Calo Nord and Davik? I tried once, failed, and afterwards just put down the game for some reason...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

just focus on calo nord, cause once you hurt him enough, the fight ends, regardless of daviks health. use lots of grenades.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

I had a similar problem with Knights where all the FMV sequences would get really choppy and load times were really long. This sounds like a more extreme version of that. I swapped mine for a new copy in Game and it seems to have fixed the problem. Maybe theres dud copies of the game going around and you just got really unlucky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by Kiith
    just focus on calo nord, cause once you hurt him enough, the fight ends, regardless of daviks health. use lots of grenades.

i done the opposite everytime, killed davik and then the roof crushes calo..

had all 3 pitching grens at him i must admit yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

Is your xbox modded?? Cos if it is it might need the bios upgrading...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

nah, turns out the secondhand version had created a corrupted save on startup. whenever it tried to access it it would freeze. I just deleted it as Mukki suggested - cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Shades of Vice City there...reminds me of the time when mine got corrupted on the second last mission because I saved at the Ice Cream place. Stupid saving system means that you can't even load up an old one :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement