Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coleman set to not replace Van Der Sar?

• 08-04-2004 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

For those who even give a damn about Fulham FC read on, if not exit.

Coleman happy with Crossley

Crossley was signed for £500,000 from Stoke last year
    Fulham boss Chris Coleman will not replace Edwin van der Sar if the Dutch goalkeeper leaves Fulham this summer.

Coleman has told number two keeper Mark Crossley he will be promoted.

Van der Sar, a £7m signing from Juventus in 2001, has been in good form this season, and has been linked with a move to PSV Eindhoven.

"Chris has told me that if Edwin leaves Fulham I will be the number one," Crossley told the London Evening Standard on Thursday.

Now it has come to my attention that we sold our second best goalkeeper recently to Birmingham, Maik Taylor for a mere £1.5million, and now that Edwin Van Der Sar would like to leave come the end of the season, Fulham are left with only Crossley, a ****e division 3 standard goalkeeper.

Fulham are really falling apart as of late, with clubs interested in our best midfielder, Malbranque, and the planned acquistion of Junichi Inamoto has fallen apart also. Sean Davis also wanted to leave last season and it would look like that he will this season, with the club's so called Chris Coleman's so called 'ambition' as 40 points, now, I don't know about you, but 40 points is in or about relegation zone.

Also, Marlet is set to leave Fulham permanently after being bought in 2001 for a whooping £11.5million as part of Jean Tigana's plans. Now all we are left with as attackers are McBride who can't score for his life, and Collins John who is unrated but who did reasonably well in the dutch premier league.

Fulham has relegation written all over them next year.

AL FAYED, SELL THE ****ING CLUB TO SOMEONE WHO GIVES A **** ABOUT FOOTBALL FOR THE SAKE OF THE FANS!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

you cant say that al fayed doesnt care about the club... look at how much he has spent on players.. teams like aston villa would be grateful for a chairman like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Originally posted by Johnny_the_fox
    you cant say that al fayed doesnt care about the club... look at how much he has spent on players.. teams like aston villa would be grateful for a chairman like that.
    He spends the money on **** players like Marlet, and McBride and Ian Pearce... we really need a manager that'll pick better players to buy...

but seriously, I don't know why Coleman wouldn't buy another Goalkeeper to replace VDS, having division 2/3 standard goalkeepers play for a premiership team shows a lack of interest in the club, wouldn't you say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

fulham have the highest wage to turnover % in the premiership, if al fayed was not bankrolling them, they would be bust.

Atm they don't have enough fans, nor a stadium to survive without someone like al Fayed. The fact that the manager is able to at least spend some money is a miracle for a club like fulham, cos really they should be in a bolton type position, but worse. (financially speaking).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Demeant0r he clearly does care about the club, the Thai Prime Minister wanted to buy and he was rebuffed this season. If he didn't care he would have cashed in on his investment.

Al Fayed is trying to make the club self sustainable and he is doing a good job at that, it's not his fault Tigana recommended Marlet, who was a disaster, but look at the other players he brought in. Al Fayed won't always be there but when he goes hopefully he will have left the club in a good state and Fulham will remain in the Premiership, where they belong.

If the club make Europe this year I can't see Van der Sar leaving he won't get the same wages at PSV and he knows this.

Collins John will be a good player for the club he was scoring goals for fun at the bottom placed Dutch league team, which is not an easy task.

We will acquire a replacement for Saha in the summer and hopefully a few more players to add to our squad, also the youth system which Al Fayed spent a fortune on is starting to produce talented youngsters who hopefully will be the future of the club.

In my opinion Fulham are only a few signings away from a really good squad a good right winger and a striker especially.

If we keep our key players like Malbranque, boa Morte and Leggy and if players like Knight, Davis and Voltz continue to improve there's no reason why we can't push for Europe again next season.

Originally posted by The FANJ
    If the club make Europe this year I can¡¯t see Van der Sar leaving he won¡¯t get the same wages at PSV and he knows this.
    That's if though, fat chance if we keep putting Barry Hayles on the starting lineup who hasn't scored a goal at all in Loftus Road this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Two for John today, don't write our Europe ambitions off just yet.

Blackburn should be an easy scalp on monday.

Louis who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Mark Crossley is the only goalkeeper ever to save a MATT LE TISSEAIR (sp ) penalty :eek: .

But he's still crap .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Think he should of held onto Maik Taylor the way he is playing for brum, I think he will need to go for a keeper soon, maybe he will see within the first few games next season.

Originally posted by The FANJ
    Two for John today, don't write our Europe ambitions off just yet.

Blackburn should be an easy scalp on monday.

Louis who?

That boy can work magic, one of the better purchases by Fulham in recent times.

Advertisement