Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to ColdFusion

Options
  • 08-04-2004 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

After spending alot of time with ASP I've got a hankering to try the same stuff a slightly different way. I've got an account with hosting 365 (but I didn't intend this as a H365 support thread, so dont flame me) and want to start using CF with it.

I'm using Dreamweaver MX and am a shade confused with all the new options and settings. Does anyone know of a decent CF setup/usage/tutorial website that can help me get started? Nothing too technical mind you, I'm going to jump into this at the shallow end. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

Never used it before but try here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Ahh google... everybodies friend :)

That was my next try, just wanted to see if anyone had any 'special' links they wanted to share, like specifics with H sphere setup etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

www.cfm-resources.com I think it was.

www.sitepointforums.com has a forum for cfm.

Check samspublushing for source code. The good thing about CFM is that its so damn easy :)

Haven't touched it in about a year though :(

But a very powerful and easy language with regards to web dev :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The one thing you need to watch out for is the versions.
    A lot of the newer CFML resources only work with CF MX. I've no idea which version you are using, but you may need to doublecheck that.

Advertisement