Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kamigawa

• 08-04-2004 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

just in case you havent already seen this.....

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/arcana/541

this is the rather surprise early news release of the next magic block, kamigawa, with the first set, "champions of kamigawa" coming in october.

theres an ever so minute bit of info on it but much better are the three concept illustrations which look extremely sweet. it seems like theyre taking a decidedly oriental theme. A slap in the face to L5R perhaps??

anyway looks pretty sweet, i cant wait already. roll on october.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

I am resolutely unimpressed. New card face design? Oriental-themed block? Changing Magic to attract the Yu-Gi-Oh kids, eh lads?

Still, a lot can change between now and October. I just think Kamigawa is a horrendous name at first sight (like Mirrodin), and cannot see any place for traditional creature types like Elves or Goblins in this genre.

Unhinged sounds great though, doesn't it? I can't wait to see what the Gleemax card looks like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I really like that last one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

sure, it looks a bit strange (and lets face it, the names of the expansions sound like a fantasy series- Shannara anyone?) but i think we should give it a chance. MTG has been pretty much same old same old for ages now, itd b nice to branch off into a completely new dimension thingy. and i must also agree that the last guy looks mad :D

hey! check it out, some form of Masticore thingy in fifth dawn
    Masticore thingy

That thing looks so much like Masticore that it's scary... Though it'll probably be something like "Badsticore", it'll cost (8) and you'll have to discard 2 instead of 1... "Because Bad Cards Have To Exist Too." [ (c) Mark Rosewater 1993-2004 ]

• Advertisement

well, its too much like him to b a pale imitation of him (i mean, look at the blueness, the yellow mane and the scorpion tail, the only thing he lacks is a protruding implement from his mouth), so id say hes just being reprinted. i wonder if he'll have as big an impact on the Mirrodin block as he has on other blocks. i personally think hes pretty sweet (4/4 for 4 colourless and the possibility of infinite damage dealing) but various artifact removal may well b his bane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Originally posted by article6
    That thing looks so much like Masticore that it's scary... Though it'll probably be something like "Badsticore", it'll cost (8) and you'll have to discard 2 instead of 1... "Because Bad Cards Have To Exist Too." [ (c) Mark Rosewater 1993-2004 ]

Haha, funny cos its true.

Wizards or at least one of the column writers said a long time ago that Masticore wont be reprinted. Its just too good.

But you never know, they could have changed their minds.

It does look ALOT like it...

hmmm.

i hope they have changed their minds and reprinted it, twould b a nice card to take attention away from arcbound ravager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

if they were to bring in cards to challenge the ravager would they be artifact creatures? If i was them i'd make some creatures to give a bit of oomph to white and blue which are being neglected lately

i think white and blue did pretty well out of the mirrodin block. white weenie got the steelshaper, shikari and skyhunter patrol. blue got good synergy with artifact mobbing creatuers like enforcer and froggy. if u ask me, they should bring in a good solid green creature, cos green lost a lot of impetus with mirrodin, i mean fangren firstborn ageless entity etc are good, but theyre too slow in a competitive environment. troll ascetic is good too, but its still pretty weak at 3/2. a nice easy-boost green creature would help green no end.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by MatthewVII
    a nice easy-boost green creature would help green no end.

That's right. Seeing how the best green creatures of late have been utility (e.g. Viridian Shaman), which can be pretty useless in the wrong situation, they really need a good ol' fast fatty.

Advertisement